Our stay at the Hyatt Regency Monterey was relaxing, enjoyable, and very good value for money. The hotel doesn't try to be something it isn't - fancy shmancy luxury - and that's just fine. Pretentious snobbery OUT. Charm, comfort, attentive service IN. The low-rise buildings are classic and well-maintained. Our suite was exceptionally spacious and had all the usual trimmings, but don't expect high style. Ditto for the restaurants and spa. The hotel is bordered by a golf course, with pastoral views and tranquil quiet most of the time, and only the occasional bout of foul language from bad players. There's a nice gazebo with a firepit, and the cocktail lounge is cozy. It's a quick walk - about a mile - along a quiet street to the bay and the bayside jogging/bike path. The main claim to fame of the Hyatt Regency Monterey is the excellent staff. The housekeeping staff, the management, the servers, the spa staff, the desk clerks, everyone was conscientious, helpful, amiable and well-trained. We were sorry to leave after our five day stay, so we're planning a return visit soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca