I had the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Regency for a business trip. As with a lot of so called "higher end" hotels, the lobby and hotel grounds are very nice, but the rooms are just like any other mediocre hotel. We requested a room with two beds as our daughter was with us, and I was shocked to discover that the beds were double, not queens. Talk about cheap, I've stayed at numerous other not so expensive hotels and had larger more comfortable beds when requesting two beds to a room. My husband who is 6'3" had his feet hanging of the end. Very disappointing, we also had requested a room with a balcony when making reservations, but was told upon check in that the only rooms with balconies were king, this wasn't shared when making reservations. I can't imagine the only rooms with balconies are kings, but maybe. This hotel also sits against the freeway, so if you are put in the outside row of rooms, be prepared for traffic noise. And although the Monterey airport is small, with minimal air traffic, they fly right over this hotel several times a day as well.
On another note, I read with interest that there was shuttle service from this hotel to Cannery Row, and was thrilled they offered it, so we could go downtown and try the restaurants, but what wasn't shared is that the shuttle only runs from like 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., so doesn't give you the time you'd need for an evening out. Great if your just going to the aquarium. The service at the hotel was commendable, but overall wasn't as nice as you'd expect for the price you pay staying at a Hyatt Regency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca