Didn't look at reviews before booking, as our Friday-Saturday event was scheduled for this location, using the Conference Center.
Our 4th floor room was comfortable and used the space well (barndoors for the closet and bathroom entry avoided the possible conflict between entry door and other openings). Agree that the soundproofing is not perfect.
Didn't have a chance to use many of the resort amenities (no comments on golf, pool, spa).
Staff was great, responsive, especially helpful when the barndoor for the bathroom came off the rails and left one person inside stuck. Engineer reset the door, and adjusted something to prevent it happening again. They gave us a certificate that we could use for drinks, a movie, entry to the spa or several other options, to make up for the inconvenience.
We also liked that the windows open to get fresh air.
The Conference Center was consistently cool, so no matter what the outdoor temperature, bring a sweater/shawl/jacket to handle variability in temperature.
As we hadn't made reservations for dinner on Friday night, by the time we decided we were interested in dinner (after the cocktail reception for our event), wait times in town were longer than we cared to face, so we decided to eat at the hotel. We ended up at the sports bar, as the other places had stopped serving. Food and service were fine, but the (predictable) visual and audio stimulation was more than we would have preferred by end of the day.
The room pricing for our event was in line (or less than) similar facilities we've encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca