I have stayed at this hotel a few times. This particular trip I was tired of looking at hotels, so went to Priceline to have them choose a 4 star hotel for me. I was excited to get a 4 star hotel for the price but when I saw where I'd be staying, I was surprised. In my opinion, this hotel should be a 3 star rating.
It is a nice hotel and your room can make all the difference. The room I first had felt like a cell so I asked to move to a room with a balcony or patio. At this point I was very unhappy. The front desk earned a 4 star rating by being extremely nice and getting me moved quickly. They were very organized for a hotel with a zillion rooms and most of them booked. Our view was of the parking lot (which was very full) but I was fine with people watching. Some of the rooms have really good views of the golf course. The balcony for a standard room is not very big, but its a balcony!
The bed was comfortable, the room is a nice size and housekeeping was great. The grounds are great for walking around and the pools are nice. The customer service was very good and on par with luxury hotels. Everything else was 3 stars in my opinion, but this is not a bad thing. We had a very nice time especially because the weather was superb. One important thing to mention is that you're not walking distance from the action. (Whatever that means in Monterey!) It is, however, a quick drive away. I recommend this hotel but have 3 star expectations and get a good room. If I had not been moved to a better room this would be a very different review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca