“A good time was had by all.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, CA 93940-4908   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay & Play Golf Package
Ranked #33 of 53 hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersSilver level
South San Francisco, California
“A good time was had by all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. This particular trip I was tired of looking at hotels, so went to Priceline to have them choose a 4 star hotel for me. I was excited to get a 4 star hotel for the price but when I saw where I'd be staying, I was surprised. In my opinion, this hotel should be a 3 star rating.
It is a nice hotel and your room can make all the difference. The room I first had felt like a cell so I asked to move to a room with a balcony or patio. At this point I was very unhappy. The front desk earned a 4 star rating by being extremely nice and getting me moved quickly. They were very organized for a hotel with a zillion rooms and most of them booked. Our view was of the parking lot (which was very full) but I was fine with people watching. Some of the rooms have really good views of the golf course. The balcony for a standard room is not very big, but its a balcony!
The bed was comfortable, the room is a nice size and housekeeping was great. The grounds are great for walking around and the pools are nice. The customer service was very good and on par with luxury hotels. Everything else was 3 stars in my opinion, but this is not a bad thing. We had a very nice time especially because the weather was superb. One important thing to mention is that you're not walking distance from the action. (Whatever that means in Monterey!) It is, however, a quick drive away. I recommend this hotel but have 3 star expectations and get a good room. If I had not been moved to a better room this would be a very different review.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony or patio.

1,515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Hacienda Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed over Christmas vacation with my husband in a HUGE king room. The room is 4 times larger than my bedroom at home! Included a couch, reading chair, desk and a balcony. There was also a walk in closet - who has those at a hotel? It was awesome. And the bathroom counter had more space than I have ever seen. At least 10 feet to put stuff on. Unreal!

While there we used the fitness room. Good selection of equipment. Towels, water and headphones are provided. Nice touch. Busy in the morning, but that is a given.

The hot tub was a decent size. It broke while I was there but they fixed it quickly. Temp was not too hot, not too cold, just right!

The one downside (for others, not for me) was the distance from everything. it is away from the other area hotels, which I liked. Nice and quiet. And the view of the golf course was nice.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor near the edge of the property. That made it easy to find parking...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok, so this hotel was wonderful. If you do research and look at various photos you really can't tell how nice it is. I tried to take photos to do it justice but it looks amazing when you visit it. I'd like to say I'm a "hotel snob" so if this met my standards then let that tell you. The location is very ideal. We were only 5 minutes or less into downtown Monterey, Cannery Row, and beaches. Carmel was only about 10 or so minutes away. It is a great places to stay during a visit to Big Sur. Though, it is a bit of drive into Big Sur ... it is an absolutely beautiful drive. During our four night stay we visited Big Sur 2 or 3 times and enjoyed the drive each time. The grounds of the hotel are very clean and quite. The pool is heated and ideal for a late night swim on a cold night. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were perfect sized and included a nice stand up shower. During our visit this was the most economical hotel and best looking as well... I mean unless you stayed in Carmel. We did pass the Carmel Hyatt during our drive to Big Sur and found this hotel to be a bit cheaper and nice. Overall, I'd come back here during my visit to Monterey. P.S. Room service was GREAT! Awesome food.

Room Tip: Higher flood with balcony. The hotel does not have A/C - DON'T FREAK OUT... It is ALWAYS cold in...
Lompoc,ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt in the winter months due to a family crisis. It is not the same hotel as it is in the summer months. The customer service was sub-par, the valet service was non-existive. The starbucks inside the hotel was horrible. We were served a bagel that was hard as a rock. The teenager did not know how to make a latte. The beds were very comfortable. Its too bad the disabled parking spots or so far from the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a great time, prices for suite were excellent. Room was perfect. Upgrade to suite with adjoining room was great deal. Stayed 4 nights, did not golf but ate at restaurant, which was very good. No charge for parking, large property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
princeton, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We won the stay on priceline and were skeptical about the quality, but we were on for a surprise. The hotel is excelently located btw Carmel- our primary destination- and Monterey, it is clean, friendly and worlds away from the crowds on cannery row. The room was impeccably clean, spacious and modern, although the furniture in itself might needs some updating. Bed- heavenly soft. Noise? None for us, although the hotel was full. Firepits and heated pool were nice for jan trip, but the pool could have benefited from an extra cleaning. Would come back for the value.

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Using a 3rd party (Priceline), we were able to book a last minute, one night stay in Monterey for a great rate. The room was recently updated, very comfortable, with all the amenities you would expect for a hotel brand of this caliber. The one bummer was that there was not enough parking spaces for each building, and since the hotel appeared to be full, when we returned from our event for the night, we had to park a ways away in the auxillary parking lot.

A week after our stay there, I noticed a charge of $22.00 on my CC. Since we booked through Priceline, we had paid up front, and did not have any incidentals booked to the room. When I called the hotel and asked to speak with a manager, the manager informed me that the charge was a resort fee for parking and WiFi. I informed her that there was no notification on Priceline for this fee, nor was there a notification when I checked in about the fee. The manager proceeded to somewhat argue with me. In turn, I pointed out to her that their web site does not mention a "resort fee", and says this about parking: "Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course offers abundant, self-parking for our guests. Outdoor parking areas are located throughout our extensive Monterey Peninsula hotel, allowing guests to choose the spot most convenient for their stay at our Monterey area hotel. RVs and vans are also welcome. In addition, our staff would be more than happy to valet your vehicle for that added convenience to your stay. Limited covered parking is also available in the Conference Center". I then proceeded to tell her about having to use the auxillary lot... obviously self-parking not using valet. Finally, the internet access in the hotel room was great, super fast! And totally unsecured! It did not require a password; it did not prompt you that it was a paid service, so of course, as a guest, you would think it was included with the price of the room, as many hotels do offer that. The conversation ended with the manager saying she would reverse the charges for the resort fee.

This review would easily have been 'very good' if not for the hidden fees. Having been notified at check-in would have taken the front desk agent another 30 seconds to 1 minute, and I would have been fine with the charges, but to see it, unauthorized, on my CC statement, after-the-fact, is unacceptable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course

Address: 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, CA 93940-4908
Location: United States > California > Monterey Peninsula > Monterey
#5 Green Hotel in Monterey
#6 Spa Hotel in Monterey
Hotel Class:4 star — Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course 4*
With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca

If you own or manage Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.