Our family stayed at this hotel, during our two week tour of California. We had stayed at several other Hyatt's during our trip and they were quite nice. We checked into this hotel in the later evening. After finding our way to the outer building in the dark, the next adventure was finding our room on the second floor, after taking the sewage smelling stairwell up.
Once we got to the room it felt like we were staying in a trailer home. The walls seemed paper thin. You could here guests in the rooms around you. The toilet seemed like it was a quick put together module, of very little elegance.
During the night the screens were not fit properly so we had insects visiting us in the room, and had bites the next day. Food was good but quite pricey. The positive was the staff was friendly. After all the nice Hyatt's this came as a complete surprise and disappointment for us.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel
- Hyatt Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca
- Hyatt Regency Monterey
- Monterey Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guest rooms and over 40,000 square feet of elegant function space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Featuring fully renovated guestrooms and suites, a stylishly refurbished restaurant, the full service Accista Spa, redesigned front desk area, and lush, freshly landscaped grounds throughout, Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa offers upscale surroundings and the luxury of a perfectly secluded setting. The rustic elegance and warmth of the property offers world-class amenities including golf, a full service tennis facility, two outdoor swimming pools, two whirlpools, a 12,000 square foot full service spa and salon, a state-of-the-art health club and our new Regency Club lounge. Strategically positioned adjacent to the championship Del Monte Golf Course, and 1/2 mile from the Monterey Bay, the Hotel is situated on 22 prime coastal acres just minutes from Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, The Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.