“Beautiful golf hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brussels, Belgium
“Beautiful golf hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is perfect if you want to play golf, but it is far from downtown and next to the freeway. The rooms have good sound proofing, so we could not hear the noise from traffic in our room facing the road in building 7. It is probably nicer to have a room looking onto the golf course. The decoration is modern, room and bathroom spacious. I specially liked the bathroom with a walk-in shower and lots of space to put your things, it is also nicely made with stone tiling in champagne colour.
It was very practical to be able to use the guest laundry on the premises free of charge. We also enjoyed having a drink on the terrace off the main building looking at the golfplayers.
The only problem was that it was very warm in the room despite cool weather outside and having opened the window for long to get fresh air. There was also a noisy heater appliance hidden in the furniture under the Tv which we suspect may have been on although the heating control panel was off.

• Stayed May 2012

1,466 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Yountville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

1) When I made the reservation, there was no mention on the website that the breakfast on mother's day would be held in Knuckles sports bar, and that the breakfast coupon would not be able to be used for the breakfast brunch nor the value allowed to be used toward the cost of Brunch.

That is not the most disturbing part of our experience,

2) We checked in early at around 11:30am and were happy to find out the room was ready, great. Not so great was the room itself as we were to find out, there were 2 large events at the property a wedding and a prom. The room # 627 is situated overlooking the parking lot near the entrance to the reception. The room was very warm and there is no air conditioning in this room. The evening air was the only way to cool the room so the window had to be left open. Some of the rooms have had portable air conditioners installed,however, this room was not so lucky. The hotel and party guest were passing in front of our open window all evening long until the wee hours of the night making it impossible to stay asleep. This room should have been used as a last resort and not for a long time returning guest who was one of the first guests checking in that day. I even spoke with desk agent Donald who has been at the property since 1999 and said he had never used this room and agreed that it should have been Ralf's last room of choice when checking us in.

3) Parking near the room was non-existent due to the large parties and occupancy, non hotel guests should not be allowed to park in front of the guests accommodations, I did not feel comfortable parking my vehicle so far from my room as the prom guests were partying in the parking lot where the only availability was located.

The Front Office manager tried his best to make up for the miscues of his peers, but what he could not give us back was our time and lost sleep.

I have stayed numerous times at this property since 1993 and other Hyatt's from New York City to Maui, it will be hard for me to consider this property once again after my last experience.

Thank you for listening!

Room Tip: Room facing the pool or golf course, or far away from the reception.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ontario, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We spent 4 nights here during a conference/vacation and were pleasantly surprised by the nice updates and beautiful grounds. The reviews have been somewhat negative but we did not find much to dislike. The location is very central with easy access to the towns and the highways. The rooms were nicely updated and comfortable. We paid a small premium to have a golf course view as the rooms facing the other direction looked out over the parking area and highways. Our room had a wonderful view of the golf course and mountains in the distance. The lobby is impressive and the restaurant was ok. It does have a nice buffet breakfast. We look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Pay the small premium ($10) to have a "preferred golf course view" which will give you the...
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had a recent conference at the Hyatt Regency Monterey. The front desk staff and bell staff were extremeley nice the whole time I was there. Very helpful. The rooms . . . well, it looks like an old motel that was rebranded with the Hyatt name. Several buildings clustered together, confusing layout, to get to my room I had to go into a separate building, ride the elevator, and then walk back to my building! It took a few wrong turns to find it even though they handed me a map when I checked in. The room was comfortable enough, but the carpet and paint seemed old. The AC system didn't work that great and with some warm days it was pretty sticky in there. There is a fan over the bed, but frankly i would have rather just had good AC. The bathroom was nice, although the shower creeped my out (only half of a shower door!) and I managed to aim the shower head the wrong way and flood the floor. The room had a fridge, coffee maker, wifi (not free), and plenty of bathroom amenities. My room did not have a balcony although some did.

There was a small pool and hot tub. There is a golf course on site. The grounds around the lobby were beautiful and the conference center was really nice, but the room buildings left a little to be desired. There is nothing really close to the hotel without getting in your car. There was a restaurant, kind of expensive although food was OK, and a sports bar. The beer selection was great, although my dinner gave me a stomach ache all night. I did not see a lot of children and frankly I don't think this was a very child friendly place. I wouldn't stay there with my kid, especially with the lack of reasonably priced simple dining. I didn't go to the spa although it looked nice enough from the outside.

Overall I was disappointed after the expensive prices. It was neither child friendly nor romantic. For the price it was just average. OK for the conference since there was a conference center on site, but for a vacation I would definitely stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the golf course will be your only chance for a decent view.
Lake Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

By the time I checked in this week, I had driven more than 5 hours and flown another 5 1/2, so I was fairly tired. That tiredness went away the moment I stepped up to the registration desk and was greeted by Megan. Her friendliness, smile and welcoming attitude dissipated a lot of that fatigue. Hotels all over this country would do well by cloning this energetic and service-oriented young lady.
My room overlooked the 18th tee, so I wasn't subject to the noise from California Higway 1 that some of my colleagues had to endure during their stay. Hint: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course. There might be some daytime noise, but at night it's totally quiet. The rooms are well cared for and fairly roomy. Nice, big bathroom with the right kind of lighting for the ladies. The closet also would accept more than two or three items.
Everyone associated with the hotel was very accommodating.
Perhaps my one complaint was the cost of their breakfast buffet: $23 for an uninspired amalgamation of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and other accompaniments.
Food and service in their TusCA restaurant was very good. We had large groups in their two nights and while we had a limited menu, it was well prepared and well served.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Yes I know it's the Hyatt Regency in Monterey, California. Yes it is beautiful. Yes it has a fabulous historic golf course...but... I have to chime in about the rooms. The lobby is beautiful and the bar is nice. We were there in summer and the day had been warm, in the 80's, which is warm for the coast. But when we got to the room we saw that there is no air conditioning for the room. Thank goodness we could open the window and get some air that way. Although we did have to prop open the room door with the hassock from the bathroom to get the air moving. And now everyone could just walk on by our room and look in, Hello..! We were on the second floor of the building and overlooked the 16th green. After taking a shower (no window in the bathroom) I noticed the exhaust fan wasn't working. Going down to dinner we informed the front desk about the fan. We were then told that the "vent" was just for looks and that none of bathrooms had working exhaust fans. What? I thought there was some sort of building code that said you had to have a fan for a bathroom with no window. We had considered this location for our daughters wedding but quickly changed our minds. Plenty of other places to stay in the area. Skip this.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We booked this hotel for a relaxing night before we returned to the UK after a great day in Monterey whale watching. The booking was not cheap and to be fair we where impressed by the hotels facade as we approached to check in at 18:30.
From that point on we were very disappointed and very glad to leave the next morning. I have no idea what had led the fiasco in a Hyatt but to check in we joined a queue 20 people deep only to be told that our room was not ready and we where asked to wait in the bar area until it had been serviced. We had 3 tired young children with us so we sat down assuming it would not be to long, 2 HOURS later we where given an "upgrade" room but only after I had complained to reception 6 times! OK we did receive comp food and drinks while waiting but this is not what you would expect from a Hyatt. The lounge area was full of guests in the same situation as us and tempers were running high so we grabbed the opportunity of the room and trotted off to the car to drive to the room. Big mistake, this hotel is more like a giant motel and every car park space had been taken so I dropped the bags and family off then parked a considerable distance from the room.

The room was OK and the beds average for the USA (would be good in UK terms) but I would recommend booking into the nearest Best Western Motel, save yourself some money, receive a better service and get the same quality room. From now on I will check Tripadvisor for reviews before I book into this chain again.

Room Tip: They all seem to be the same but ground floor was handy. Get there early to ensure you get a room in...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course

Address: 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, CA 93940-4908
Location: United States > California > Monterey Peninsula > Monterey
#5 Green Hotel in Monterey
#6 Spa Hotel in Monterey
Hotel Class:4 star — Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course 4*
With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca

If you own or manage Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.