“Freshest Sushi I've ever had...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
lmpoc
“Freshest Sushi I've ever had...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a hole in the wall local establishment that is busy and there's a few reasons:

1. They serve EXCELLENT FRESH SUSHI and it's not pretencious or pricey.

2. Relaxed, comfortable setting and very friendly and accomodating staff. Truly thier pleasure to serve you as customers! (other restaurant owners should go there to learn!)

I had toro to die for. It was literally the best thing I ever put in my mouth. OMG, I should have gotten a double order now that I am writing this review. It was like tuna butter in your mouth.

And the best part, our bill for three people with splitting a large beer, and 4 rolls, toro, and a few sushi was only $70.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent sushi and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a wide variety of sushi and all was delicious! Great location, less crowded than at the Wharf. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Best Sushi in Monterey!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place has the best sushi in Monterey! It's an easy walk from the Monterey Plaza and so yummy! Go early or be prepared to wait for a table, but so worth the wait.

Visited August 2012
California
“Good sushi place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good sushi place, a little pricey but given the location I think that's to be expected. On a Saturday night this place was packed, but we didn't wait too long for a table. I had the sushi dinner (CA roll with 7 chef-selected nigiri) and liked every piece. It is pretty crowded with tables pretty close to each other. Service was good but not great.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix, AZ
“Incredible sushi / local spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My daughter had the spicy tuna roll and loved it. I ordered the sesame chicken - it was the BEST sesame chicken I have ever had... plus, the serving size was enormous! It is a little local spot that apparently gets pretty busy during the dinner rush... we went early (traveling with toddler) and had no problem getting a table. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and easily walked there - very close. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Monterey.

Visited July 2012