“Home School Invite” 5 of 5 stars

Monterey Bay Aquarium Admission
Ranked #2 of 44 Attractions in Monterey
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Zoos & Aquariums
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the ocean's edge, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is a window to marine life -- for dive masters and non-swimmers alike. It's home to sea otters, penguins, sharks, jellies and thousands of other marine animals and plants. Its mission is to inspire conservation of the oceans.
Lincoln, California
“Home School Invite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We attended Monterey Aquarium on a Monday through Home School invitation. We haven't been to the Aquarium in several years and the Seahorse and Jellyfish Exhibits were unbelievable and outstanding. Observing the Pelican Feeding was so educating and listening to the children's questions they inquired about the birds made it more enjoyable. The staff at the Aquarium were so helpful and we were allowed to go outside to eat and return. Overall attendance was on the low size, so it made for a very enjoyable visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Lexington, KY
8 attraction reviews
“Best Aquarium in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been to aquariums all over the US and this is by far my favorite!! It is located at the end of Historic Canary Row (The one John Steinbeck wrote about) in an old canary building. They focus on marine life in Monterey Bay and have some of the best conservation efforts I've ever seen. All their exhibits are as natural as they can make them. My personal favorite is the Kelp Forest, but all are amazing. I was so glad when I was able to move close to Monterey and didn't hesitate to become a member. I live only 20 minutes from Monterey and take my 14 month old there at least once a month. I never get tired of going there. This is a MUST for any one going to Monterey!

For any of you Trekies out there this is the aquarium they used in Star Trek IV The Voyage Home.

Boulder, Colorado, United States
33 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Every time I've visited the aquarium I learn so much about ocean life and shore birds. Always astounded by how miraculous the sea world truly is. And I really appreciate the efforts of the Seafood Watch program that helps people decide what seafood is sustainably harvested/caught.

Visited March 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A little pricey but definitely worth the time spent. I took my 15 year old daughter and she enjoyed it as much as we did.

Sacramento, California
21 attraction reviews
“Come every year and never tire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I get as excited as the kids each year we come to the aquarium. They get you through the lines quickly and it is well spread out to allow the crowds to move through. The seahorse and jellyfish exhibits are breathtaking every time. There are so many ways to engage the little ones and older ones. You can also leave to have lunch, take a break and return at your leisure.