“My daughter had a perfect wedding reception.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Monterey
Salinas
“My daughter had a perfect wedding reception.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

The Clement was a perfect place to have our daughter's wedding reception. The planning and organization run by Chelsea Allen was truly professional and 100
% perfect in her guidance. Chelsea gave us the gift of her knowledge and insights, guiding us towards the perfect evening reception. I have never been part of an event where there was not something to criticize. Ours was perfect: we have Chelsea and her staff to thank for that.
One comment on Chelsea's staff: each individual was professional and hard working. They worked as a competent team and we had no problems with service.

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Greek first
Monterey, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I am a local of Monterey and have stayed at many of the hotels on the Monterey Peninsula.

The Intercontinental has only been open for about two years and since they opened I have stayed there twice, eaten at the C Restaurant & Bar three times, and used their spa once.

Without a doubt, I know it is one of the best properties to stay at on the Monterey Peninsula, especially if you are looking for an ocean view!

From your check in to check out, their staff is so professional and treats you with the highest respect, as if you are the only guest staying at their property.

Their rooms are so nice, modern, and comfortable. I am stickler when it comes to a REALLY nice bathroom and a comfortable bed and I must say, the Intercontinental has a remarkable bathroom and their bed is as comfortable as mine at home!

If you are looking for an ocean view, look no further! The ocean view from the room’s balcony is unbeatable in Monterey. When you step outside on the balcony you are literally on the water!!

If you are looking for a great dinner, the C Restaurant and Bar has phenomenal food. The Restaurant manager, Sonny Petersson is great at what he does. He moved to the Intercontinental from the Beach and Tennis Club at Pebble Beach and definitely brought his talents with him. I would rank the restaurant top 10 in Monterey, especially for fish!

Another plus about the restaurant is that they have an agreement with the Shied Vineyards tasting room which is right across the street. Shied has some great wines and when you go to the tasting room and buy a bottle, they will put a sticker on it and you can carry it right back to the C Restaurant and don’t have to pay a corkage fee!!

As far as location goes, the Intercontinental is unsurpassed. Located only about 300 feet away from the Aquarium, what more could you ask for?!? It is also conveniently located on the walk/bike path which will take you right into Downtown Monterey and Fisherman’s Warf (about a 15 minute walk).

Bottom line, if you are planning a trip to Monterey, stay at the Intercontinental, you will be so happy you did!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony at the InterContinental. We only looked into the hotel because we were looking for a ceremony site close to the Aquarium (the location of our reception). After working with the excellent staff at the InterContinental, we would have had no problem having our reception at the hotel as well.

The staff did everything they could to cater to our needs. We asked if the bar would be available after 11:30 the night of the wedding, so that our guests would have a place to unwind together after the reception. Although the C bar usually closes at 10PM, they kept the bar open until 2AM (even though we told them we only planned to stay there until 1AM). Not only that, they brought out a TV so our guests could play DJ Hero and distributed popcorn to us throughout the evening.

We got an amazing rate for our room block. The room block quickly filled up, but Larisa and Lindsey who coordinated our room block, allowed our guests to continue booking rooms at that rate as long as the hotel had space. This was huge relief, especially the weekend of the wedding, when I found out a bunch of my relatives didn't have a place to stay. I emailed Larisa and Lindsey the night before the wedding asking if they could book a room for my uncle. They quickly responded saying they would see what they could do, and shortly after, followed up saying it was taking care of.

Lucille and the concierge staff also provided service above and beyond expectations. A few days before the wedding, we realized we had a ton of stuff to move to the reception site right after the ceremony, and no way of getting it there. A call to the concierge, and everything was taken care of.

Chelsea, our primary contact for the event, was especially wonderful to work with. Our ceremony was originally supposed to be outside in the courtyard, but the weekend of the wedding, there was on and off rain, and we ended up having the ceremony indoors in the ballroom. Although the wedding party had not done the rehearsal in the ballroom, and none of the vendors were familiar with the room, everything was executed without a hitch. Throughout the planning, she was able to keep things on track without making things stressful.

We were very happy with our experience with the InterContinental. The staff played an integral in making our wedding day absolutely amazing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Clement twice in recent months. Three nights each visit. We cannot say enough good things about the hotel! The rooms are luxurious, the service outstanding, the location unbeatable. We lived on the Monterey Peninsula for 17 years, and know the peninsula like the back of our hand. We know where we love to eat, walk on the beach, and go out for entertainment. And the Clement is the only place we will stay from now on.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Sonoma, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

This hotel was so great!! I have been to Monterey only once before and stayed somewhere off of Cannery Row. Being able to stay in luxury right on Cannery Row, really was a dream come true! The hotel rooms were gorgeous. I wanted to move right in! And the beds are SO comfortable. The hotel even has a small pool & hot tub which I took advantage of even in January. We were walking distance from tasting room, the Aquarium, great restaurants and most importantly right on the water! This hotel offered everything I could have ever hoped for and more! The staff is friendly, attentive and very helpful. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Monterey!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

My fiance and I stayed here for a night as a getaway from San Francisco. The hotel has a prime location. The rooms are magnificently furnished, a really comfortable bed and very nice bathrooms. The balcony overlooked the bay and we took full advantage of the prime location. We went out for a stroll, bought breakfast and ate it on the balcony. While having our breakfast we got to look at the scenery from a prime location and even saw a pod of dolphins.

The service here is also excellent. My, then boyfriend, asked the concierge where to go to watch sunset and they suggested an excellent location. He also asked them to have the most beautiful flower arrangement and to have flower petals strewn about the room when we came back from the beach after he proposed. They timed it perfectly and I didn't know a thing. Even he was surprised as to how nicely everything turned out.

This hotel clearly holds a special place in our hearts, but the service, location, and amenities at this hotel are excellent. I look forward to coming back. :)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

My wife and I with our child had a last minute excursion. We check in and the overwhelming support from the staff along with the amenities in the surrounding area make this hotel definately of of the top in the area. The staff catered to our needs and they make great drinks in the lobby bar. The room it self was elegant with a more than comfortable feel and nice view of the bay. I will be recommeding this to all I work with and any family that would come down for any occasion.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental The Clement Monterey? Share your experiences!