Right on the Bay overlooking a wonderful view of the sea and land to the North. I was upgraded to a partial sea view room with fireplace so every time we entered we had that fabulous sight right in front of us. The room was tastefully decorated with everything you might need.
The service is top notch and the valet parking (which seems mandatory) works very well because the garage is just across the street.
Yes, it is expensive and the food and beverage charges are very high but there are plenty of other options within walking distance. If I stayed again I don't think I would bother with a car as the valet charges ($25 a day) mount up when there isn't any compelling reason to venture further than walking distance or a short cab ride.
Hope to return someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey