I confess...I forgot that Monterery is cold in the summer! After getting over that initial shock and the fact that our hotel was right smack in the middle of the busiest part of the tourist district, things just got better. The hotel was right next to the Aquarium and you could walk and bike everywhere. Super location.
We requested an oceanview room and we could sit in our room and watch the ocean highway flow by, busy with sea otters, whales, pelicans, sea lions all going somewhere all day long. In spite of the very busy district, our room was quiet. With our window open, we could hear the waves sloshing under the hotel (yes, the hotel is built partially over the ocean).
During the cold evenings, you can sit on the outside deck around a cozy fire drinking a glass
of wine. Which we did. The room itself was very unstated but large and comfortable and the bed was excellent!
All around, very helpful and friendly staff. We did not eat in the restaurant in the evenings because we felt it was too expensive and didn't like the menu; we did eat delicious breakfasts there every morning. If I had to criticize anything, it would be the pool. A ridiculous size for an expensive hotel. But, having said that, who wants to swim in a pool in Monterey? We sure didn't, way too busy being out and about. And did I mention it was cold? Bring your warm jackets and jeans! And forget about the pool.
Great hotel....would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey