My husband and I took a much needed getaway trip to Monterey this past weekend. Both working a lot and raising a toddler who is essentially 5 boys in 1, we were looking for some relaxing, quiet time together. We also wanted to pack in a lot of fun things we can't do these days like going to the movies, bar hopping and even playing golf. Just a short one night stay at this hotel, we got to do all of the above and came back very satisfied.
First, it really doesn't get better than this hotel in terms of location. It's in the heart of everything - waterfront restaurants, bars, movies, interesting shops right outside the hotel and golf courses quite nearby. Typically, when you go to such a well-known, busy area, the hotels are quite touristy and resemble the ambiance outside. The Clement was exceptional in that once we were inside the hotel, we felt very much at ease, away from the crowd and away from the tourist attractions. The view from the room is breathtaking on its own but even better with the scent of the ocean air in the common deck area.
We also loved the hotel's design & style - the furniture, the lighting and the decor - which I would consider modern classic. Luxurious but not over the top. Everything in the room was very, very clean. I travel a lot for work, and unfortunately I have developed this unhealthy level of pet peeve when it comes to hotel cleanliness. I go a little crazy with all sorts of inspection before getting into bed, before using the towels and before going bare foot on the carpet (which is probably my husband's pet peeve that I do all this). So, I more than appreciated that everything was very clean at the hotel.
Most importantly, the people at the Clement were helpful and courteous and had this genuine demeanor. When we were running very late to dinner at the hotel (due to packing in too many activities in one night), everyone was more than understanding and accommodating. No matter how luxurious the place is, one fake smile or an indifferent look from the hotel staff can put a small dent in your experience. From pre-stay to post-stay communication and all the small interactions during the stay, the staff at the Clement made us feel welcome and made the overall experience complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey