The rooms are very spacious and clean, and the bathroom had a shower and a separate bathtub, which we loved. The location is great -- many of the major attractions are within walking distance, such as the Aquarium and the Wharf, and Carmel is a short drive away. When we arrived, we were, by our request, upgraded to a room with a water view and a balcony, which was definitely worth it for $16 extra/night. Although the hotel called it an "obstructed water view," we actually had a head-on view of the water, which was a nice surprise! (I imagine they call it "obstructed" because technically the view is partially blocked by buildings across the street, but they are far enough away that you have a very clear view of the water.) I would recommend eating at the hotel restaurant; the food was delicious and it had very nice views of the water. Although it was a bit chilly when we were there, the restaurant's outdoor seating area looked like a great place to spend an evening. There is also an outdoor area with fire pits, although they were not turned on when we were there. The hotel lobby is extremely nice, and includes comfortable chairs and a fire pit! If you have a car, which we did, I would definitely recommend getting the package that includes parking; otherwise, it was upwards of $20/night to park the car. Our biggest gripe was that guests have to pay for the wireless internet. Altogether, a very nice hotel in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey