We go to Monterey every year at the same time and were blown away last year by the service and accomodations of the Intercontinental. This year it was disappointing from the beginning. they did not have the suite we were promised and when we tried to explain what we reserved we received a blank stare from Tony of "what do you expect me to do?" The bright side was the manager stepped in and showed us other options, one-room king bed and rollaway for the two adults, a 4 and 6yr old. We were excited to be there so we moved on. Brian, the bellman, was fantastic, highlight of the hotel. I never thought housekeeping could ruin a stay but they managed to, we had to ask 3 times for the rollaway, they did not come to our room when we were gone during the day but called at 3pm and woke up the kids (even with a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door) to ask if they could come then, even when they did come I had to call back because they left a pile of garbage by the trashcan instead of taking it, didn't refill the coffee packets, left dirty cups and no water. The best part of the stay was April in the kids club and the service of the bellman and valet, everyone else should take lessons from them. Also, if you want a quick breakfast, don't go to the restaurant, took 40 mins for granola both mornings. So disappointing because we love the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey