“I go there every time I visit Santa Barbara” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Montecito
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Olive Mill Road
Description: LUCKY'S is widely known for its exclusive selection of USDA Prime steaks, live Maine lobsters, no-nonsense cocktails and world class wine cellar. LUCKY'S remains one of a rare few to honor the no nonsense steak dinner traditions. From the moment you’re greeted at you car by the valet, seated at your table, encouraged to roll up your sleeves, martini in hand, you are served. Are you ever served!There’s just no other eatery in Santa Barbara that practices the art of serving a prime steak dinner better than LUCKY'S.
Seattle, Washington
“I go there every time I visit Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Excellent food, great service, good people watching and entertainment. Wine list is excellent. It's, arguably, the best restaurant in the area and aptly named.

Visited March 2014

Santa Barbara, CA
“Expensive Quality & A Locals' Place To Be Seen (& Heard)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife & I admit to being private persons and prefer to avoid finding our faces in public places. We were in close contact with numerous Hollywood personalities years ago when we ran a popular restaurant in Palm Springs which was a gathering place for celebrities. Many became casual friends and "normal" people to us. Lucky's is just such a place and for that reason, we have stayed away to avoid the atmosphere of being part of the "In-Crowd". That said, we both felt the need for a damn good steak & a damn stiff drink the other night and since it was not quite 6PM we said "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" and asked for a quiet, hidden, romantic table for 2. The hostess handed us off to the Sommelier who seated us at a very private table in the far back right corner (#80) which was perfect. We had this small section all to ourselves. Our waiter, Guy, was an old pro who knew his business and later on, once he knew we used to be in the business, related a few very funny tales. Our drinks were delivered promptly & Gus's timing was perfect when returning to take our order. I had a wedge with 1000 Island on the side & my wife had the Chopped Salad. My wedge was a quarter wedge, crisp and a bit small, no bacon or blue cheeses crumbles; but sufficient. The dressing was a bit too spicy for my taste & needed more relish to balance out the vinegary aftertaste. My wife's chopped salad was a delight & included small pieces of perfectly prepared shrimp. We both ordered the small (10 oz) filet, mine MR & hers R. I had a side of onion rings & she had a side of tomatoes. Delivery was prompt & Guy's call back was immediate. Both steaks were prepared perfectly (no butter, salt or sauce). The rings were perfect, small, crisp and sweet & a HUGE portion. The tomato slices were few (4) and a bit old in appearance. 4 slices for $10 doesn't work for me; but the double size on the rings made up for it-a bit. About that time, Hollywood arrived and the small room became uncomfortably loud. There were only 2 four tops in this small room; but the husband of the celebrity was loud from the get go, swilled down his 1st martini in the first 5 minutes and started on his second shortly after, all the while increasing the volume. When the other 4 top was seated and recognized the celebrity, they began to get very animated and started to match the volume level. Just what we had hoped to avoid. Only half through our meal, we asked Guy for a doggie bag & the check. He figured it out right away, brought the check & graciously waited for me to check the bill ($200 + $40 tip) & pay. I didn't have the exact amount; but Guy was back in a flash with change and a very understanding apology for the loud and obnoxious circumstances. The restaurant was quite good; but not excellent, especially at those prices, the experience was unfortunate; but not unexpected and we will take this one off our list of possible repeats for a very long time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Montecito Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We always enjoy dinner at Lucky's. The staff is casual and friendly, yet service is polished. The restaurant often offers abalone on the menu. When available, it is fresh and prepared nicely. Abalone is a "hard to find" treat. The menu has lots of great sides, the beets and cream corn are my favorites here. A must have for me are Herbie's potato skins. These skins are NOT loaded. They are crisp skins served with a chive sour cream. They too are a treat and a really nice change from fries. We shared the 14oz. porterhouse. The restaurant cut it, so it was easy to share, and yes, they serve it cut with the bone. The waitress said the Maitre'd butter would be melted over the top, but instead we were served two very hard herbed butter rounds that never melted on top of the steak. So the request for Maitre'd butter was a bust. Although we generally do not like sauce with our steak, the optional side of peppercorn cream was darn tasty! The apple crisp is quite good, not too sweet and a reasonable amount of crisp. The vanilla ice cream was a small scoop that complimented the flavors. The wine list has lots of options yet we opt to pay the reasonable corkage fee and bring our favorite wine from our own cellar. Although we have an incredible steakhouse only a few miles from our home (Mastro's), we love to drive up to Luckys. It is a special gem in the quaint town of Montecito. Makes for a nice day. The restaurant is busy, lots of locals. The staff is always friendly to the locals yet we find they treat us "visitors" just as good!!! We have been here for brunch too, and it is nice but dinner here is oh so much better!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warren, New Jersey
“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We wandered into Lucky's while staying at the Four Season's nearby.
The comments here for drinks is spot on, Great Martini's!
The food is very good, we both had the double cut lamb chop, excellent!
Sides are extra, don't miss the cream corn. It's fresh corn in a nice cream sauce.
Nice friendly service, not intrusive, but available as needed, perfect blend.

Visited February 2014
“Love their Martinis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, great food and fab martinis! They do it right.
Started with a very dirty vodka martini in the bar area while we waited for the rest of our group. One of the best. I was feeling my first one in a very good way. The bar area and restaurant is cozy and traditional.
We carried our drinks to a very nice table once our group all arrived. So many great choices on the menu.
Other than a Jewish deli, I have not seen Matza ball soup on a menu...curious enough...I started with that. It was pretty good...needed a little salt, and Matza ball was light and fluffy. Just the way it should be.
Not a meat eater, I opted for the Sand Dabs. This is not a dish you see on the East Coast so I chose that. It is a buttery tasting flaky fish...I enjoyed. We shared two sides...onion rings and asparagus. Everyone enjoyed their steaks, stroganoff, pork chop etc. it was a food frenzy with everyone tasting each other's dish...gotta love it. Not sure there was a morsel of food left to be had. We had bottles of wine flowing...the red was very smooth and good...I forget what it was. And we did save room for sharing a few deserts. I am sure our table got a little loud but it was a fun night!

Visited January 2014