“Good hotel for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Montebello
California
“Good hotel for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. I was not expecting anything special from reviews. Upon arrival and asking to see a room first before booking. It was very nice. Granted carpet can be updated. Rooms where nice, with flat screen T.V. and fridge, microwave, coffee pot. Bed was very comfortable. We had 2 queen beds (more like double s) and added a roll a way for $10. We had 3 adults and 1 child. A/C worked great. Outlet in restroom did not work. But, the room was clean and comfortable.
The front desk was very friendly. It was very busy, we wanted 3 nights and only had availability for 1. A bus of tourists had arrived and a wedding party was coming in the next day. We got a room on the 3rd floor, as I had read the bar and conference room can get loud. I did not hear bar but could hear the freeway. Ask for room facing pool or the back.
Pool was nice but not heated. Bar had happy hour and was nice and open. Continental breakfast was good and lots of seating. WiFi worked good. As mentioned before, carpet needs updating. But, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor and facing pool or back, to avoid noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Corona, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! It was booked for me by someone else when I was on business in the area for several days. It is not well kept or maintained. The check-in procedure was tedious and when I went to my room, it was obviously a room where people had smoked. In fact, the whole floor smelled like smoke as I exited the elevator. II returned to the desk and told them I needed a non-smoking room. I was told that was what had been booked for me. However, they did find me a non-smoking room. It was on a different floor where no smoking is allowed. It was dark and did not feel clean.

Parking was a challenge each night as I returned to the hotel, as they small dining room/bar was turned into an entertainment mecca for locals and they took all the parking spaces until the wee hours of the morning.

Breakfast was modest, but tasty. Not too many choices, but adequate.

I would give this hotel 2 stars at the most. They do not cater to the business customer, preferring to make sure they accommodate the customer that comes for the entertainment and drinks at night!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Montebello hotels

Pico Rivera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

They took care of ALL my requests for my weekend Party and Stay!
This is the place you want to have your Birthday Celebrations and stay the night.

Be sure and ask for Nadia or Mando in taking care of ALL Your Party Details!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Good price! Nice room! Great a/c. Awesome shower pressure! Blasts away road grime with ease! The best shower pressure of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Adequate truck parking if you get here early. Convenient to nearby restaurants. Best place to stay near L.A.#!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lynden, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We arrived tired staff was complacent, went up to room it was overlooking roof and on top of bar. We asked to stay on opposite side away from potential noise of bar. They put on other side of hallway, the receptionist had no clue of where rooms were attached to what numbers, asked her to get map of floors and rooms, they did not have. Was loud at night wife could not sleep till past two.
Had a fitness room used first night, other 4 nights it was blocked off with caution tape and no employee had a clue as to why and when it could be used again. It was closed rest of our five day stay. Our shower did not work first morning they did fix next day. Maid service was good and clean. Overall very poor experience, our worst stay in hotel ever.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for leaving your valued feedback regarding our property.
I apologize if our front desk failed to provide you with best service. We currently have new hires, which we will be intensively re-training as to prevent these issues from happening in the future.
The remodeling of the Fitness room has already been completed, please bear in mind these improvements are done with our guest in mind. There was a letter posted notifying our guest of these improvements along with letters each guest could take, unfortunately our front desk did not point these out to you upon check in . Occasionally there are special events, which our guest are welcomed to join free of charge. Our apologies if the music was too loud; the music is lowered at 7pm and ends at 11pm. We hope to see you again soon, so you may appreciate the changes for yourself. Again, thank you for your review.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Was a clean spacious place to stay. A bit out of the way and a long drive to get anywhere. The hotel offers a shuttle to a nearby walmart which was helpful when jet lagged. Overall friendly staff.

Only issues were ; hot water didn't work on last day there. And when I rang reception for assistance when my nearly 2 year old locked himself in the bathroom they did not assist at all. She said that maintenance wouldn't be available to unlock the door for at least 30minutes. Panicked, I asked for just anyone to come up and help. Of which they did not. I ended up emptying out my luggage and using bits and pieces to flick the lock. And my son was fine, happily playing with toiletries. Another issue was that reception also do not pass on messages.

But otherwise, the rest of the staff were fantastic and extremely helpful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your past stay.

I would like to apologize in behalf of the staff for the delayed response during your emergency with your child. We have investigated the issue and assure you swift action will be taken by our maintenance in the future.

Please visit us again when you're in town, so we may provide you with the service we are capable of providing. Again, thank you and we hope you except our sincerest apologies.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

When we first drove in the buildings exterior seemed fine . When I walked in the building it was another story . The man that checked us in at 6 pm greated us professionally . I heard loud music blaring and I asked what that was and he told me it was a party ( he either said hispanic or latino ) sponsored party from a local radio station . The noise and people were very disturbing . When we went to our room the people from the party were hanging around the elevator and we all felt very unsafe , there foul language and body language were less than desirable . We were booked for 2 nights but chose the leave at 7 am the next am . We put in one hell of a loud restless night .
Our room overlooked the pool where the party was and the pool at first didn't look like it had any water in it , it did have water but it was very dirty it gave the appearance of being dirty . The people at the party were dancing practically having sex with their clothes on . Later that night when we got back from dinner we decided to have a drink at the bar since there was only about a dz ppl in there we thought it would be ok . When we were sitting at a table a drunk woman came to our table and said "if you are looking for Americans you are in the wrong place" ...
The rooms were very dated , carpet looked like a murder has been committed on it and the sofa bed was so discusting I didn't even want to put my suitcase on it . I must give credit where credit is due the bathroom even though very small was clean and had been recently updated .

• Stayed September 2013
Quality_Montebello, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Montebello, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We appreciate your candid comments regarding your past stay.
We apologize if you didn't get a good nights sleep due to our entertainment night, if you decide to stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact the front desk when ever your stay is not up to your expectations. Our front desk will gladly change you to a quieter room or ask for the music to be lowered as to not disturb our guest.
For future reference please note our hotel does have Bar & Lounge as stated on our website. Occasionally there are special events, which our guest are welcomed to join free of charge.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the best service possible next time your in town.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Montebello? Share your experiences!