“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Montebello
Denver, Colorado
“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here with my mom after she had surgery at USC Keck Hospital. Staff was very accommodating, friendly, and respectful. One day, I came back to the room and my key wasn't working. Asked a maid in the hallway and she was very helpful - called the front desk right away. They worked it out quickly and everything was good. The pool area and fitness center were always clean and comfortable. The grounds are quiet. Hotel is in close proximity to grocery, pharmacy, food, and gas for our 2 week stay. Had an excellent experience - would stay here again.

Room Tip: Golf course view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear rscene,

Thank you for your very nice comments! We're always happy to hear that we have made our guests' stay a very pleasurable one. Thank you for pointing out some of our strong points such as our wondeful staff, our cleanliness, and our proximity to certain places like grocery, pharmacy and gas as you have mentioned. You even gave us perfect scores on all the categories. We cannot thank you enough! We hope your mom is recovering fast from her surgery in USC Hospital. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles, Montebello!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Johnston, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Decent hotel but below the qulaity of other Hilton Garden Inns that I have visited. Parking was not very convenient, no complimentary breakfast, rowdy people hanging out by parking lot at night from night club next to hotel. Room was adequate and staff were courteous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear asldds,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Your comment is valuable to us because we need to know where we fall short. We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Despite this, you still gave us high marks on cleanliness and service and you also mentioned that our staff were courteous. We really appreciate this. We will pay attention to your concerns for improvement and would like to invite you again to stay with us and have a much better experience this time.

Thank you and we look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Gillingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our last night before returning to the UK.

We travelled from Las Vegas in the morning and arrived jaround lunchtime. We were allowed to check in to our room early which was quite nice after the long drive.

We were going to get lunch in the hotel but the menu was a little limited. So we headed out of the hotel and using the Sat Nav managed to find a McDonalds nearby - not the best food but much less expensive and we could get fries (which did not appear on the hotel menu).

The surrounding area did not seem to be the best but we didn't feel unsafe. It did seem to be odd to have a country club and golf club in the location but what do I know?

Wespent the afternoon resting around the hotel and did a little bit of swimming. The pool was deserted which was nice :)

For dinner we managed to find a pizza place nearby and got an early night ready for our flight home.

Overall the hotel was good value but I probably wouldn't return due to the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizzim,

Thank you for your comments! I am very happy to hear that we were able to accomodate your request for an early check in as it is truly a long drive from Las Vegas. Allow me to address your concerns about our location. We are located on the first tee of the of the beautifully historic Montebello Championship Golf Course. It is recognized as one of the best municipal golf courses in Southern California. Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner and a few steps next door is the Country Club where they serve lunch and breakfast as well. Both offer a variety of choices. Please consider staying with us again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I travel fairly often for work so I'm kind of spoiled when it comes to hotels. I was extremely pleased with the quality of this hotel. The lobby is open and airy and the hotel staff is exceptionally friendly. The front desk staff was very helpful in helping my group find decent places to eat dinner. In fact, I checked in at midnight after an awful day of air travel. During the check-in process, I asked the front desk worker if I could purchase a diet coke from the pantry area. He offered me the drink free of charge since I had such a long day. It was a simple gesture but it was such a warm welcome for me and that guy has no idea how much I appreciated it.

The hotel rooms are very clean and there isn't a lot of extra noise. When I get to my room after work, it's quiet and very welcoming. There's a microwave and a mini fridge in the rooms. The bed has an adjustable firmness setting so you can make the mattress as firm or as soft as you want which allows for a refreshing night of sleep.

I wish the surrounding area were better. I wouldn't consider it dangerous by any means (it's located in a small country club) but there are no nearby corner stores to pop in for soft drinks or forgotten toiletries (though the front desk did help me out there). It's definitely not in a tourist area but it wasn't far from where my group was meeting.

I travel with extremely picky road warriors. Each one of them approved of this hotel. Definitely a great business stay!

Room Tip: I have a room away from the elevators so it's exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear bcormi1,

Thank you for your very nice comments! We're very happy that you were extremely pleased with the quality of our hotel! Your kind words about our hotel and staff make me proud to be a part of this hotel and very proud to work with people wih so much warmth. Please thank the extremely picky road warriors you travel with for giving us their approval! We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Santa Ana, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

On August 11th 2012. My wife and I got a reservation to this "4star" hotel. Orginally I had called the week before and I was told the hotel was fully booked. I was told that I can be put onto a waiting list and they would call me if a room becomes available. Acouple days passed and I seen online that some rooms became available so I booked a "Gulfcourse View" room. Two days later a rep from the hotel called to try to sell me on a more expensive room without gulf course view. I had told her I booked a better room for a cheaper price and all she said was "oh ok, thank you bye".

Now the day of the reservation we go to the hotel earlier than expected. The tempature was easily 100degrees. I was hoping to check into the hotel earlier (1pm) because of the heat. I was told by staff I can not check in until 3pm. Frustrated because of the heat, I asked if we can hang out by the pool until our room becomes available. I was told," No, the pool is only for guest." Then I asked where can I go meanwhile and all they said was,"theres a mall 2 freeway exits down." I told them, "I'm not from the city and I didnt want to drive around and get lost." They said," oh sorry" and kept helping someone else. We ended up going to a hot a muggy Cafe next store.

We lost track of time and 3:30pm came across and our room was still unavailable and staff werent too helpful. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I paid alot of money for bad service and a room that had a view of trees not a golf course.

I wish I could get my moneyback!

andymejia714@yahoo.com

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear MrMejia714,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I would have felt the same way if I were in your place. We value your comment as we need to know where we fall short. We will definitely strive for improvement to ensure our guests a pleasurable experience and we are committed to this. Please allow me to invite you and stay at our hotel again and give you a much better experience and I assure you that you will never say never again.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night while visiting family in the Montebello area. The hotel is located on the Montebello golf course, and it has all the basics: is clean, good bed, high-end desk chair, flat screen TV, free wifi. Mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker. I would recommend upgrading to a golf course view room, as the view is nice, and it puts you on the side away from the golf club's party facility that is rented out on weekends.

Breakfast is either buffet or cooked to order (same price), and I thought it was great. In all, a good stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear casaros,

Thank you for your nice comments! We also appreciate that you pointed out some of our amenities and we are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I were traveling for the first time with family ( small kid ) to LA and we wanted to stay before a trip to Vegas and around, the hotel was very comfortable with a suit, and easy for kids with great golf course and view from the room. It was a perfect way to relax after long flight to LA

Room Tip: Room with Golf course view are great and if possible get the mini suit, it is nicely spacious and eq...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear pariluna,

Thank you for your very nice comments and for giving us high marks in the different categories! We are very happy that we were a part of your perfect way to relax after a long flight to L.A. We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Christine Consunji-Chen

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello? Share your experiences!