“Nice, but bring earplugs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

You added Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Monrovia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice, but bring earplugs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Good points: very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds, and a comfortable work space in the room.

Bad points: A very busy freeway wraps around 3 sides of the property, and the noise of passing trucks is ceaseless, even with windows closed. The chair and desk are excellent for working, except that there is barely enough space to use them. Courtyard's "Bistro" eateries are awful, with McFood served (slowly) in an almost-fast-food atmosphere.

Room Tip: Try an upper floor facing the front. A king bed room might have adequate space between the desk and...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Greetings PHLRick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on tripadvisor. Your comments are very important to us to continue to provide the best service possible at the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia. We are located just at the 210 freeway. We do have sleep tight kits available at the desk for our more sensitive sleepers. Our Bistro is relatively new and has received favorable comments; I would love the opportunity to discuss your breakfast experience with you further. colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com or my direct line is 626-531-8011.

Colleen Langford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

This property is a nice hotel. The hotel is located very well with easy access to the interstate.The grounds are well maintained. The room was clean and updated to the "latest and greatest" Courtyard color scheme. I would have given the hotel a "5" except the door leading out to the balcony is "fixed", so that one can NOT actually open the door and get out on the balcony... As a Marriott Platinum Member, I find that to be ridiculous... considering I chose the property based on the fact that their primary picture on the hotel site shows balconies.

Room Tip: High floors reveal great views of the area, but don't expect to be able to get out on a balcony...
Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Greetings forteiii,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on tri[ advisor. OI am so happy that you enjoyed the property and staff. I understand your frustration with the balcony, several years ago the city ordinance changed on the width of the space between each bar. Although we are newly remodeled, our building was built a while ago. We are always looking into different ways to improve our hotel and our guest experience. I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the Monrovia~Pasadena area. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as well as, how we are looking to improve in this area.

Colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

After Much Research and Needing to be in Close Proximity to the Felix Center in Azusa I Decided to Book Here...

So Happy I Did!!!

King Room with Sofa was Large...Clean...Cozy...and Spacious

Bed and Pillows...Perfect

Best Part was the View...We Looked Right Out at the San Gabriel Mountains...and it was Spectacular!!!

Staff was Super Friendly and Helpful...There is a Small but Nice Gym and an Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub...

The Only Thing Lacking is a Real Restaurant...it is More Like a Snack Bar or Concession Stand...We Opted for the "Breakfast Included" in Our Rate and Only Ate There Once on Our Stay (So Many Sit Down Full Serve Restaurants in the Area to Choose from) If You are On-the-Go or have Small Children then this Might be Better for You...Staff was Lovely though

All in All...a Great Stay!!! :)

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
Greetings photojesse,

I am so happy you chose the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia as well. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel as well as our staff. Thank you for taking the time to outline all of the great features of our hotel. Our new Bistro Plus is the concept of Courtyard. All Courtyards are supposed to switch to this Bistro concept. I agree there are some great breakfast places in the area. I hope that you choose to stay with us again when you return to the Monrovia/Azusa area.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014 via mobile

After arriving from abroad, checked in for one night before heading to Vegas, checked in ok, no issues even got us in 2 hrs early before check in time of 3:00
When checking out, I left a pair of my new Vers shoes out of my luggage to put it in my hand luggage which was lead to leaving it behind. Few hours later the hotel was contacted by my family , was repeatedly told, if they find it they would let us know. It was not lost!!! It was left!!!! No apologies no follow ups.
I know I should have take care not to leave things behind, but I expected more service and honesty .
So if you stay there, make sure nothing is left as there is no, "keep it for guest" service.
Finders keepers seems to be more like it!

• Stayed September 2014
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Greetings adventureperth ,

I am so sorry to hear about your shoes. It was brought to my attention the day you checked out, both the Housekeeper and the Housekeeping Inspector went to the room to look for the shoes. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your shoes. Nicole, our Assistant General Manager did follow up with one of your family members, to advise them that we were unable to locate your shoes. I am so sorry that your shoes are missing. I would recommend you check the taxi company or rent a car company that you used after leaving here. I would be more than happy to assist you if you would like to e-mail or call me. My e-mail is colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com and my direct line 626-531-8011.

Waimanalo, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

My husband booked a room online here at marriott.com and after a 6 hour flight, they told him that they had overbooked their rooms and sent him to another Courtyard Marriott over 15 minutes away. At 1:30am, their offer to pay for the other hotel doesn't at all compensate for the time, loss of sleep, or additional 15 miles to his meeting in LA traffic the next day. Their excuse, "This happens. Different websites aren't coordinated.... We've been trying to call you the last 3 hours." There really is no acceptable excuse for this. Essentially, the hotel did not provide the most basic of services a hotel is supposed to provide ... a reserved room from their own website. Finally, they didn't put him up at a hotel nearby, they "could only provide another hotel within their network". As far I'm concerned, they should put their customers they've just majorly inconvenienced up at an equivalent or better hotel nearby WHATEVER the brand is.

Overbooking is a hotel specific practice. My husband and I are both Marriott Rewards members, Elite some years and this has NEVER happened to either of us before, I guess that's how they treat their loyal guests! We will certainly be avoiding this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Greetings ribbityup,

I am so sorry that your husband was not able to stay with us. It is never our intent to displace one of valued guest such as your husband. There are times that the hotel is put in a situation where we become oversold, it is not something that happens often, but it does happen. We put your husband up at the closest hotel that had availability. He agreed to Marriott Reward Points for compensation for his inconvenience. I know when you are traveling all day that does not always make up for the inconvenience. I am truly sorry that he had such a long travel day. As I mentioned to your husband, if he is back in the area, please make his reservations directly through me. My email is colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com or, call me on my direct line at 626-531-8011.

Again I am so sorry for the inconvenience.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

We recently stayed at this Marriott while attending an event in nearby Azusa. It is a nice hotel with all the necessary amenities. Our room was comfortable and clean. The pool was not very crowded despite the 100+ degree temperatures during our visit. This hotel is located directly next to the 210 freeway. Some reviews mention the loud freeway noise as a problem. It was a little loud but easily drowned out when our air conditioner was turned on. The restaurant served a good and simple breakfast (not free), and their are other restaurants in the area. I see this hotel as a attracting more of the business crowd, but it was nice for our family stay as well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Hello Neal206,

It is great to see you survived our heat wave. Wow, we had some record breaking heat. I am so happy that your family had a great time at our hotel and you were able to relax out by the pool. I appreciate your feedback regarding the freeway noise. We do have sleep tight kits for our sensitive sleepers, but the AC does the trick for me as well. We are geared for our Corporate Clients during the week but, we love our guests that travel with families. We are definitely a family friendly hotel. I hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Colleen
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Hotel is practically simple and comfortable. Eateries are located just within walking distance.
Rooms are comfortable. except, they do not provide you any bottled water. You can get it at the walmart for 40bottles for less than $4. Coffee maker provided, but no water boiler.
If you are hungry, the hotel does have a small mini mart. You can get it off shelf, like frozen pasta, lagsane and bring it to the microwave for heat up. Very convenient.

Overall ; pleasant stay.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking hotel. Ask for a room that has a sofa bed with it. Rooms are larger. They do...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Flowerymae Penang,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review on Trip Advisor. We do have a great variety of restaurants within walking distance. We offer complimentary flavored water in our lobby, and we do sell bottled water in the market and in our Bistro for your convenience. If you need hot water you can use the same coffee maker that is in the room. You just do not put the tray in with the coffee filter in it. We do have some great choices in the market if you care for items when our Bistro Plus is closed. I hope the next time you are in the Pasadena~Monrovia are you try the Bistro and let me know what you think. Thank you again for your great feedback.

Hope to see you again soon,

Colleen Langford

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!