“Good location, some things to improve” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

You added Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Monrovia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good location, some things to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel a few years ago and was very pleased at that time. During my most recent stay in early May 2014, there were a few issues that need to be improved.

First the good stuff...
Very convenient location just off the freeway. There are restaurants nearby and a Starbucks a block away. I was in room 915 (top floor) which was newly renovated. Very nice, spacious, and a comfortable bed. Water pressure in the shower is excellent. No problem with parking. Front desk staff very courteous. Free breakfast was offered to compensate for the renovation that was going on in the cafe/lobby area. I did not partake so cannot comment on the quality of food.

Now for things that need to be improved...
The internet connection was horrid. I was using wifi and it kept dropping the connection. Not particularly conducive if you were doing work and needed a reliable connection. I tried to do a wired connection but could not connect at all. I called the front desk and the explanation I received is that they were having problems with the internet connection perhaps due to the construction going on. Hopefully this really is the case and once construction is over there will be no issues.

Housekeeping needs to be reminded what the Do Not Disturb sign means on the door handle. Both mornings of my stay, housekeeping was knocking at my door BEFORE 8 am, and even tried to come in, despite my having the do not disturb sign on my door. I prefer to sleep in so this was definitely more than an annoyance for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Greetings Pigsterz,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room. The renovation in the lobby and Bistro is almost complete as well. Regarding the wifi, I understand your frustration completely. I can assure you that this problem is being addressed and will be fixed ASAP. I have also been working with our internet provider to increase our bandwidth. There will be a dramatic increase in the speed of the wifi as early as next week.

I apologize that your Do not disturb sign was not honored. I have reminded our housekeeping team the importance of honoring the guest’s request. Our housekeeper on the 9th floor is one of our seasoned team leaders. I have spoken to her regarding your stay; please accept a sincere apology from us both.

Thank you again, for your feedback. It is great feedback such as yours that helps our team continue to thrive on making our hotel such a great place to stay. I hope you will be back to the hotel soon so that you can enjoy the new Bistro~Plus, as well as, our improved internet. Please contact me directly, I would be more than happy to assist you with your future reservations. My direct line is 626-531-8011 or colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com.

Colleen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were put in a room on the second above an area where there was construction/remodeling going on and I did not get any sleep! Why would the staff put anybody in a room above an area where they know there would be noises because of construction/remodeling?

Check in was very quick and easy, and when we got to the room, there were no construction noises coming from downstairs, this was around 4:30. We left for the evening, and returned after midnight and I noticed a worker in the room below my room sanding or sawing something. It was late and I figured I didn't want to change rooms at that time, and I definitely regret not asking to change rooms because at around 7AM... I heard the noises! Hammering... bang, bang, bang, silence... bang, bang, bang, silence! This went on all morning!!! I had in earplugs and I could still hear the noises coming from downstairs; I fell in and out of sleep. It was just awful because I like it to be completely quiet when I sleep, which I know can be hard when staying at a hotel.

I like the location of this hotel since they're right off the freeway and there are many places to eat in the area, staff was very friendly, and the room was clean, but the noises in the early morning made it miserable for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings lvgrl2014,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry that the renovation noise interfered with you getting sleep. The construction team and I have organized all of the renovation process to have the least impact on our guest. I had asked them to sand late evening so that the dust would not be an annoyance to our guest. I had no idea that they would be hammering at such an early hour. I have addressed this with our renovation team and they share my disappointment that we disturbed you. Thankfully, we are in the final stages of our renovation.

We are all very excited about our newly renovated hotel. I am truly sorry that this had a negative impact on your stay. I would really like to discuss this with you either over the phone or by e-mail. My direct line is 626-531-8011 and my e-mail is colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com.

Kind Regards,

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here for business. Typical Marriott Courtyard service (professional and helpful) and decor. The nice thing is that it's right next to the freeway. Stayed on the upper floor away from the freeway where it's quiet. As always the bed is very comfortable for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Greetings jetters888,

Thank you for your great comments and for being such a loyal Marriott patron. I am very happy that you enjoyed our new mattresses, and cannot wait until you are able to utilize our new Bistro Plus.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were told over the phone that there was not a free breakfast included, however when we checked in, we were told that there was free breakfast! Pleasant surprise! The hotel was under construction when we stayed but we didn't even notice. We really liked our room...901! It was on the top floor on the corner. Great view of the freeway and the mountains! The beds were very comfortable and the room was very spacious. There was a nice computer desk included with a charging station for all your electronics. There was a coffee pot and a refrigerator in the room, which was nice.
This hotel was also conveniently located in a central location, that is there are many restaurants and shops nearby. The staff was very friendly as well!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello Sleepyhollow420,

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard Monrovia. We have finished our room renovation and are really close to completing our new Bistro Plus. I hope you are able to come and stay with us again soon.

Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel is remodeling and will be going to the Bistro like most of the Courtyards shortly. We were on the 9th floor in one of the remodeled rooms. Bed is outstanding! Marriott has a winner in there choice of mattress and springs. We were in a junior suite with separate bedroom and living room. The bathroom is large and well appointed. The couch in the living area is new but tough to sit in. Does not seem to have a back. Room has refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot.

Staff here is outstanding! From the check in to check out they are smiling and friendly. Breakfast was a buffet and it was replenished quickly and often. Serving staff were quick to assist and refill coffee or juice.

Housekeeping kept room clear and well appointed.

Room Tip: Northwest is the spot to get away from highway noise. It is tough as the Courtyard is right beside...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Greetings Michael,

I am so happy you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms. We are so excited about the new rooms and our Bistro that is coming soon. Thank you so much for your great review. I hope you come and see the Bistro when it is complete.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I stay at this Courtyard on and off when I travel to the area for work. It's a typical Courtyard property design wise, and it's undergoing major renovations at the moment.

The room I had last week (#410) was not up to Courtyard standards. The room was tucked behind the elevator shaft, sort of a 1 bedroom with a separate living room area. The shape and size overall was unique...not an issue at all. I actually liked the room configuration and it was very quiet.

The issue was that the room was totally missing the slide in desk in the modular desk unit. Just had a chair and the upper portion of the desk unit with the TV and phone mounted on it. No space at all to put my laptop and work.

I inquired with the front desk, and they said they were unaware that it was missing (bad job checking rooms). Also said that they would bring me something to work on...never received anything.

In addition to the totally missing desk piece, the carpets throughout the room and pieces of furniture (sofa and chair) were quite dirty and stained. Most definitely not up to the standards of Courtyard.

This was obviously not a floor that had been remodeled yet, but that being said, other rooms I have stayed in recently at this hotel had not been remodeled, yet were far superior to this last one in the terms of cleanliness and having all their furniture in place.

Maybe this was just a hiccup...

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Greetings Will H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your most recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia on Trip advisor. I am sorry that you did not get to stay in one of our newly renovated guest rooms. Our Junior Suites are very nice as it does have a separate sitting area. That room type did not have a pull out desk, for whatever reason. I went up to the room after reading your concern and I agree that the work area needs the pull out desk, and I will place the order today. I also noticed that the carpet is worn in the room that you stayed in, thankfully that will be the next floor that is being renovated. I do want to apologize that we did not following up on your request for a desk. I would love to discuss this further with you so that I can find out what happened on our end. You can contact me directly at 626-531-8011 or e-mail @ colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com

Your feedback helps us continue making this hotel a GREAT place to stay! We look forward to your next experience here in our newly renovated rooms.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott there in Monrovia one evening as a result of a project I was working on and I was pleasantly surprised how nice the rooms were. The bed was fabulous and I loved the duvet, super comfortable and I needed it. Three things really impressed me. 1) The A/C / Heater was AWESOME. It cooled the room right down and kept it at he perfect temperature. 2) The show was GREAT!, for being several floor up the water pressure was fabulous. I hate putting shampoo in my hair and then not having the water pressure to get it out. 3) The breakfast. MMMM good. Real Eggs, Real Sausage, Fresh Juice and Hash browns! All in all I really couldn't have been happier.

Room Tip: North side rooms would be quieter as the 210 freeway is just south of the hotel. The hotel sits righ...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Greeting, Dwayne R,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fabulous review on Trip Advisor. It is such a great feeling when I read about a guest’s enjoyable time at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that the AC was to your liking. Our water pressure is great; it sure does make a difference. I hope your project brings you back to the Monrovia area. We are excited about our new Bistro Plus that will be opening toward the end of April. Thank you again for the 5 star rating!!

Colleen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!