“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Monrovia
Richland, Washington
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Monrovia, California while on vacation. Our room was small but extremely clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing that we did not like about our room was that you good hear the freeway noise in our room.

The dining room was nice and had good food at a reasonable price. There are lots of restaurants close by.

The swimming pool is outside and the water was the perfect temperature; not too warm but not too cold.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear blaine 1291,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a great review on Trip advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room. We do have several great restaurants in the area but, I really love the food at our hotel as well. I am glad you were able to relax out at the pool. The staff at the hotel is always eager to help. Please reach out to me directly to assist you on your next reservation to our hotel.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed four nights recently for a business and was very happy with the experience. The room was quiet at night, the staff was helpful, the fitness center was small but with newish equipment. I enjoyed being walking distance to multiple restaurants as well as a Trader Joe's and Sprouts. My room rate included the breakfast buffet where you could get eggs to order without a wait.

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side of the highway to avoid noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear RikkiP,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia. Our local restaurants and shops are great, and most are within walking distance. On your next visit if you work out requires more equipment, we do have connections with our local gyms and a minimal cost. Please let me know when you are returning to the area and I can make gym arrangements for you. I am happy to hear about your positive experience and look forward to meeting you personally.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband is staying there for past few days for an important buisness meeting and he is facing trouble for using Wi Fi which is not going to be provided in room for which he is getting much problem to do his office work, as per hotel's room details the internet facility should be given in the room but not provided which is in general provided for 24 hrs in other hotels and the staff is also not helpfull at all.. I am also very worried as i am not able to talk with him over skype as much due to very very limited usage..

Room Tip: Make sure and confirm that all facilities will be provided as per hotel's commitment before book...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Tiya_Saha,

Please have your husband contact me directly. We have complimentary WiFi as well as hardwired internet in all of our guest rooms and Lobby. This is offered complimentary along with our complimentary business center. We have not been notified of any guest issues or difficulties trying to utilize our internet connection. I would be more than happy to assist your husband with the connection to our internet. Again I am sorry to hear that he is having trouble with the internet. That must be very frustrating. I can be reached at 626-531-8011.

Colleen

Colleen P. Langford
www.marriott.com/LAXMR
Richmond, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed one night. The room was comfy and wonderful for one person. The bed was spacious and not too hard. The bathroom was clean. No lingering long strands of hair on the bathroom floor or in the tub (I so hate that).

The hotel is very close to the freeway and within walking distance to several popular restaurants. Continental breakfast was basic, but not bad at all. Since my room was on the 4th floor, right by the elevator, I thought that there would be a lot of walking traffic. However there wasn't. It was pretty quiet. I was pleasantly surprised. The evening and morning staff persons were very nice and attentive. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Shonda D,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our rooms; cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We have so many neat restaurants and stores in our community, I am glad you were able to enjoy them. I would love to meet you personally on your next trip to Monrovia. Please contact me directly if I can assist you with your future reservations.

Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Older structure in the midst of its public spaces being renovated. One elevator (of two) down while we were there made for a long delay. Rooms are adequate and clean with small bathrooms. Every room has a view of the 210 freeway as the hotels location is literally right next door. Traffic noise noticeable but not overwhelming.

A variety of nearby amenities for dining, fuel and attractions. Head to Leroy's 1/4 mile down the street for breakfast. Leroy's has been there since the 1940's and what it lacks for in decor it makes up for it with its quality food and portion size at half the price of the hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear clpj,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a great review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our local eateries. We are nestled in a great little city with establishments that have lots of history and great food. I am sorry to hear that our elevator was down during your visit. We try and schedule routine maintenance when it has the least impact on our guest. I apologize that it happened while you were staying with us. I hope that you will choose the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia, when you and your family visit the area again. If I can personally assist you with reservations, please contact me directly.

League City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We loved the hotel being located right of the freeway and walking distance to many eateries. Being surrounded by several restaurants and small grocery stores made it nice to have a variety of eating options. The room was slightly below average and the bathroom was a bit small. They do offer daily continental breakfast in the lounge as well as happy hour M-Thurs at the bar. Overall, it's okay, we will stay again simply because its close while visiting family and we are Marriott Rewards members. Would be nice if there was a nicer Marriott closer.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear clrdo82,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a nice review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of the local eateries. We are nestled in a great little city. I am sorry to hear that our rooms fell below your expectations. We are gearing up for a very exciting renovation. Our guest rooms will look fabulous and I am sure our new look will be more to your liking. The next time you are here visiting family, please let me know. I would love to meet you and go over your concerns personally.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice location but very close to the freeway. Noisy location. Close to Pasadena, Racetrack. Unfortunately I stayed during a time when the hot water (boiler) went out. Front desk did a nice job of offering and handling the event.

The evening bartender is great. He will "Absolutely" make you feel welcome. Thanks Boss for making a business traveler laugh and feel welcome.

Stayed June 2013
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear C M,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff and the location of the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the boiler going out during your stay. Unfortunately, this was not something that we could foresee. We made every effort to expedite this repair, and we were able to get the boiler back up and working in just a few hours. I do realize that this was still and inconvenience and for that I am very sorry.

colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!