“On second thought....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
GreenLeadersSilver level
las vegas, nv.
“On second thought....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This is my second review of the Doubletree hotel in Monrovia. My first review was positive but this one will not be quite the same...this was our third time staying at this particular hotel, the first time was very nice, the second time was okay, the third time was definitely not the charm. The walls at this hotel are thin to the point where you can hear people coughing in the adjacent rooms. We also were awakened on two different occassions by our "neighbor" engaged in a very loud conversation on the telephone. I had to bang on the wall for him to realize how loud he was being, especially at 4 a.m. also, the air conditioning unit runs constantly, all night long, it starts up and runs for a few minutes and then stops, there is no continuous flow and the shutting on and off all night provides a restless sleep. I really want to like the hotel, it is nice, modern, and in a very good location. Unfortunately, if you are going there and hoping for a good nights sleep then you may be disappointed. I would definitely hesitate to stay here again, even at the rate procured on Hotwire for $77 a night. I would definitely NEVER stay here at the rack rate of almost $150 a night, that is pure insanity. Proceed with caution.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

The room reminded me of the aLoft chain The mattress is on a very low platform: I felt like I was crawling up from the floor. Mediocre desk setup. On the whole, I didn't care for the ultra-modern feel. Bedding was comfortable. Convenient outlets at both desk and bedside. Free wireless internet.

One washer and dryer for guest use, $2/each, but the dryer took three cycles to dry a load. Free business center. Decent fitness center. The bathroom had only a shower, no tub.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Had guaranteed reservation for one room with two queen beds for four people. On arrival was told without an apology that the only room available was a king and that one of us could sleep on the couch which was as large as a twin bed. I was assured that bedding would be sent up promptly. After two calls to the front desk the bedding arrived: two flat sheets and TEN pillowcases, no blanket, no pillow. I am 6'2" and assure you that this couch was much smaller than a twin bed. I slept very poorly on the uncomfortable couch and my wife and two teenage daughters slept poorly sharing one bed. I awoke with leg cramps. My wife awoke with a muscle spasm in her neck which she still has several days later. Strange hotel room. No desk. Odd furniture - bed low on ground would be difficult for an older person. Very uncaring attitude from staff. Very poor customer service experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Staff bent over backwards to make my say great! All front desk staff were incredibly accommodating. Jorge at the bar greeted me with a smile each evening! The folks at the breakfast buffet provided excellent service and tasty cooked to order omelets. Pool/spa area is lovely too! One word of caution.....beds are on low to the ground platforms that slide easily. Be careful! But the rooms are lovely!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Modesto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Wow! I will not experience staying at the Doubletree, I never made it off the Internet!!! I was booking a 3 night stay, with advance payment; it was a great deal, but I made the mistake of signing up for the Hilton rewards, when I clicked back to reserve my reservation it said the advance payment special was not available at this hotel!!! I called the customer service number and the guy pretty much said tough luck, so I said I would book my 3 nights at another hotel and I was going to bring my small dog, so they also lost out on the deposit for her!! I told the guy if I had problems before I left my house I was NOT going to chance checking in!!!! I'll go to another hotel for 3 nights!!!!

• Stayed February 2010
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Hotle is modern and nice. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff was nice and accomdating. Room service and the bar/Rest closes at 10pm but there are plenty in walking distance. Housekeeping forgot something each day of my 3 day stay (hand towels etc) and the hot water took 5 min to reach my room each day (waist or water). Over all a great place though. Would go back again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Great hotel. Smart design. Clean. Modern. Efficient use of space. Loved the workout facility. Very nice staff. Quiet. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!