“Horrible service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Monrovia, California
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We went to our first wedding anniversary to Cafe Mundial to celebrate. Both my husband and I were out all day so we did not have anything to eat in common during the day. When we got to the restaurant, ,my husband ordered a shrimp dish which i took a bite out of. By the time we left, my husband was not feeling well. The next day we were so sick we could not get up. We got food poisoning. We called the restaurant and they did not believe us. Then they decided to refund us the money we spent there and to make matters worse, the check bounced. We are locals and love to go to downtown Monrovia to eat at the various restaurants but will never ever go back again even if we are invited. The experience has been the worse we've ever had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Monrovia, California
“Quiet & Classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Celebrated my 60th birthday here. They did an excellent job of making the event easy with a choice of 3 different entries @ reasonable prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Will never return to Cafe Mundial”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Seating took a while although there were tables empty with nobody else waiting. The food is good, but no better than restaurants serving at half the price of Cafe Mundial. Did I mention how long it took just to get some bread to my table?...forever. I'd love to write more but this place doesn't deserve my time. Do yourself a favor, only visit Cafe Mundial if you like overpriced food that takes an eternity to reach your table. Almost forgot, my "salad" was two long pieces of lettuce and 2 slices of somewhat dried-up tomato.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Covina, California
“My Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

Love love love this place, especially the food and wine. They always have something very SPECIAL prepared for their list of daily specials.

I discovered a new winery here -- Sokol Blosser -- and their Meditrina red meritage (pinot noir, zinfandel, merlot blend). Wowzer. So great.

Maybe the best part of Cafe Mundial is the atmosphere with its old brick walls, artsy furniture, wall of wine behind the glass, the cute bar and the darling patio. Go on Friday night and you can walk the street fair!

I am going on my birthday!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice quaint white table...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

Nice quaint white table cloth restaurant