“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ana Mesa Inn

Ana Mesa Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monarch Beach
Ana Mesa Inn
You added Ana Mesa Inn to your Saves list
3597 Harbor Blvd, Monarch Beach, CA 92629   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monarch Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013 when I arrived late in L.A. and without Internet access, being time limited, I selected this hotel as I drove past. The reception attendant serves you from behind glass. The attendant upsold me to the "Jucuzzi sweet" which was no more than a large tub bath with hose -- not even a shower. The carpet was old, sticky and dirty and the air conditioner rattled and didn't work properly. During the night my door was knocked on several times and when I opened it on one occasion a drug affected individual said "sorry man wrong room". I could smell marijuana throughout the premises. Avoid this place at all costs. It isn't cheap either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is by far the nastiest place I have ever been too! STAY AWAY! We paid for a week upfront. Our first room was awful, ants everywhere, walls peeling and falling off, tv didnt work, water damage. So they moved us into another room or a "suite" it was bigger but just as bad. Ants in the room, shower didnt work, sent someone to fix the shower and the entire bathroom needs to be replaced. We asked for as refund and they refused, they gave us another room to use for a shower and as soon as we walked in all we saw were bed bugs crawling everywhere, roaches, and ants. We decided to just not take the shower and live with it. I would rather sleep on a park bench than this hole. Staff are complete jerks. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS! we are going back to motel 6! and on top of that they charge $2 a day for wifi per device

Room Tip: Rooms are all awful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Monarch Beach hotels

Central U.S.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

After reading published information on various web sites, I called the hotel directly. The person who answered the phone said the only room available was an "upscale" jacuzzi room for much more than the price listed on any web site. When I balked, he said that another room might become available at a more moderate price, but still much more than internet prices. When I inquired about the internet price, he said that his hotel did not work with any internet sites and that you could not trust the information listed thereon. From other reviews I have read, he is correct. All the web sites listing this hotel call it a "hidden jewel". I would not trust that description.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Dirty - permanent drug residents
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2002

We booked two rooms at the Ana Mesa Suites hotel via the RedTagHotels website in October 2002. That site, along with others, describes Ana Mesa Suites as "a hidden jewel of hospitality".

It has reason to hide...

We hadn't seen the property, and were (at the time) unfamiliar with Costa Mesa. However, we did check out the area surrounding the property. It was an upscale business park; we figured this hotel would be a typical business travelers establishment. Uh--wrong!

The lobby prominently featured a "no room parties" sign. Furniture and other junk was piled around the postage stamp sized pool. The room decor was no doubt posh in the early 1970's, but could not have been updated since. Everything was dirty, and there was a distinct odor of urine in the elevator.

The place is clearly a long-term residence for some interesting looking folk; personalized drapes, decals and other decor festooned many of the rooms. We witnessed two exchanges of cash that took place in the parking lot between scantily clad women and older fellas in suits within 10 minutes of our arrival. One guy paid a visit to his gal's room; the other took his chosen lady for a spin in his car.

Obviously, we sought accomodations elsewhere--and chalked it up to a lesson in Caveat Emptor.

I attempted to notify the customer service division of RedTagHotels (or is that RedLightHotels?) of the problem, but they apparently don't exist. According to the staff that answers the phone number listed on their website as customer service, they are not affiliated with RedTagHotels. Beware....

Been to Ana Mesa Inn? Share your experiences!