“Stuck in Mojave” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn to your Saves list
Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16100 Sierra Highway, Mojave, CA 93501   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mojave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

There is a railway close to the hotel but once you keep everything closed and air conditioner on it might not disturb you at all. The air conditioner unit is new but it has that issue of turning off as the target temperature is reached. All in all a very decent stay that didn't cost much.

• Stayed October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner loves US trains and right across the road is a railroad that has freight trains going by every 15 minutes or so. He almost camped out there instead of the hotel room! The trains did not keep us awake at all and the location was great. Short walk to Denny's up the road and other restaurants. Complimentary breakfast and on-site computer for guests to use. No fridge in room, but Reception offered to freeze our chilly packs overnight. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Here's a motel that should provide earplugs for each guest, but don't. The entire town's motels are all lined up aside the railroad, so your choice is very limited. The staff was very friendly, and I probably should have asked for earplugs, but didn't. Later, I found some in my overnight bag. Go figure! Anyway, the motel was clean. The bed was a bit hard, but it was ok. All the pillows seemed to be the same, but again they were ok. I had room 112, which has its door right in front of a staircase. But, it didn't seem to make any difference. The alarm clock buzzed at will, so I finally just unplugged it. I took it to the front desk in the morning. I hate to drive again after I've parked at a motel, so it was nice to be right next to a McDonald's. Free wi-fi and free continental breakfast. I just wish all those trains had better things to do while I was trying to sleep.

One last thing. The girl at the desk in the morning seemed much more interested in her phone call than helping me out. Too bad; I seem to see that a lot more these days in customer service. It makes me want to find a different place on my next trip through.

Room Tip: Get earplugs for the trains!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here while driving from Yuma to Sacramento and it was absolutely great. The rooms were nicely appointed and the price was great. We couldn't believe we were actually at a Days Inn once inside the room. There was plenty of parking for our rental truck and plenty of eateries around. From now on whenever we don't feel like doing the drive in one day, we plan to make this our stopover.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Days_Inn_Mojave, General Manager at Days Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear, Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community.

I have made a note of your feedback with regards to the service at the hotel. You will be pleased to note that the management team of both the hotels is largely trained at The Days inn of Learning and Development wherein a common set of service standards and ethics are imparted to all. Nevertheless your feedback is precious to us and we will strive to improve our service standards.

Thank you and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Days inn Mojave.

Victor Patel
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My stay at Days Inn, Mojave, was excellent with respect to quiet and cleanliness of room, breakfast, and convenience of access. In addition, the General Manager, Victor Patel was totally responsive in dealing with an item I had inadvertently left behind. Packaging and mailing the item to my home address required considerable effort on his part and he is to be commended for providing such services to his guests. Thanks, Victor - you are great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Days_Inn_Mojave, General Manager at Days Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Hi, Mr. James

Thank you for sharing your in depth views about The Days inn Mojave with the TripAdvisor Community.

We are pleased to learn that you had a great experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your generous compliments which is truly inspiring for our entire team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mojave.

Warm regards,
Victor Patel

Been to Days Inn? Share your experiences!