“Clean and reasonably priced hotel just on the edge of town” 4 of 5 stars

Mariah Country Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1385 Highway 58, Mojave, CA 93501   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
Mojave
“Clean and reasonably priced hotel just on the edge of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel is just on the edge of town, not walk able to restaurants but has a good restaurant of it's own.
Good complimentary breakfast.
We were going round Edwards AFB the next day so this hotel gave us everything we needed and only a 20 minute drive to the base gates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kathy B, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We constantly strive to make each guests stay a memorable and enjoyable occassion, and it is great to hear that we are doing a great job!
Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Maria, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was called to a job site in Boron, just down the road from Mojave. I had stayed in one other funky little place in Boron but the train disturbed my sleep all night. My boss recommended the Mariah and boy, am I glad he did! Late check in was no problem. One evening I asked if housekeeping would leave me another pillow in the morning (I sometimes need one to support my bad back) and the front desk lady was at my door in less than 5 minutes with a smile. The soap and lotion they provide are excellent quality, not just scented water like most places. The "rain forest" shower heads in the bathroom are amazing after a long day in the desert, AND they provide you with more than enough towels!!! The bed linens are very nice quality, better than I use at home and the bed was comfortable and supportive, even for my messed-up back! I usually bring a blanket of my own when I travel and usually fold it up on a chair in the morning. One morning I forgot to remove it from the bed and when I got back to my room, housekeeping had beautifully made the bed (as usual) and had neatly spread my blanket on top! Amanda in the restaurant is the sweetest, most competent server I have ever met. She knew the menu, knew what recommendations to make, such as "do you like your fries a little crispy or softer"? How often does that happen??? I asked if the chef cooked the steaks toward the rare or more well done side, she knew exactly the answer and based upon her answer, I ordered and the steak was done to perfection. She remembered my name, greeting me as "Miss Suzy" each evening, what I liked to drink, and to hold the salsa that comes with the chips (I'm not a salsa gal). My stay was delightful. Please remember, this hotel is in the Mojave and many of us staying there are there for work. This is not Palm Springs. To find such a clean, welcoming, accommodating, quiet, and safe hotel who's staff welcomes every one of us with a smile, even if we come in with dusty clothes and dirty boots from a long day in the desert, is a blessing.

Room Tip: The rooms are soundproofed so I did not hear hallway traffic, train, planes or vehicles. I only stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kathy B, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We work hard to make all of our guests stays as pleasant as possible. I am pleased to hear that my staff feels the same about our guests as I do, and are making the guest feel at home. I am very proud of all my staff and hope that they will always be here with me.
Again thank you again for your glowing comments and I will see you again on your next trip to Boron.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Being a trucker working wind projects I had the pleasure of stay here for the last two winters. It is the best motel in the area- rooms are very clean,bed comfortable and pillows soft. Housekeeping takes pride in their work to make sure rooms are clean, the front desk is very helpful in trying to meet your needs. The restaurant is only open in the evening but the food is excellent and they serve "adult beverages". Bobby (owner) take pride in the place and wants your stay to be a great experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are sound proof so rest is assured
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kathy B, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you Mike for your great review. We always enjoy your visits here and hope to see you every year in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Much better than expected. Rooms are big, beds are good and the staff is friendly. The hotel is very clean - even my wife admits that - and she is very picky. The breakfast was a bit empty, even though the idea is good with fresh wafles and bagles. Maybe due to the holiday season they had time to get their purchase done. We'll stay here again and defintely recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Mojave.
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, warmly welcoming, pleasant experience while traveling through the wastelands of Highway 58, stop at Mariah Country Inn. This is a family run operation and everyone is not only extremely friendly, but you will find they have a strong desire to give you a wonderful experience. Now I'm actually looking forward to going back there.

Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Beds are comfortable. Pool and spa are heated and relaxing. Rooms are completely soundproofed. I was right off the pool area and never heard a noise. Prices was reasonable for the experience.

Restaurant has really good food and service. Definitely an oasis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kathy B, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!!

Warmest wishes,
Kathy Benson
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Mojave is a old run down town with nothing to offer. If you must stay the night there. The Mariah Inn would be the place to stay, if you have to. Try not to put yourself in a situation where you have to spend the night in Mojave. I work in the area. I have stayed in every motel this town has to offer. They are all terrible. The Mariah Inn is an old, dark building. With horrible water flow and plumbing problems. The staff seemed very nice. And i wish them all the best.

Room Tip: Watch out for the other guest pets.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Maria County Su... M, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our property and make any helpful suggestions. I appologize for taking so long to reply to your review. I had a little difficulty in operating the management center.

Kind regards, Kathy
Half Moon Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

During a road trip through the Southwest, we stopped at the Mariah (again) for 1 night. This hotel is in a nice quiet location off the main drag craziness.

The rooms are clean and adequate. The hotel itself is clean and adequate. The breakfast is pretty good. The staff have always been pleasant. We have never used the pool, so I can't comment on that.

As far as the middle of nowhere goes, this hotel is really your best bet. We like it, it does the job and it has some nice elements. It's Mojave :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Mariah Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!