“The best in that area” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1385 Highway 58, Mojave, CA 93501   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
“The best in that area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Much better than expected. Rooms are big, beds are good and the staff is friendly. The hotel is very clean - even my wife admits that - and she is very picky. The breakfast was a bit empty, even though the idea is good with fresh wafles and bagles. Maybe due to the holiday season they had time to get their purchase done. We'll stay here again and defintely recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Kathy B, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Mojave.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, warmly welcoming, pleasant experience while traveling through the wastelands of Highway 58, stop at Mariah Country Inn. This is a family run operation and everyone is not only extremely friendly, but you will find they have a strong desire to give you a wonderful experience. Now I'm actually looking forward to going back there.

Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Beds are comfortable. Pool and spa are heated and relaxing. Rooms are completely soundproofed. I was right off the pool area and never heard a noise. Prices was reasonable for the experience.

Restaurant has really good food and service. Definitely an oasis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kathy B, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!!

Warmest wishes,
Kathy Benson
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Mojave is a old run down town with nothing to offer. If you must stay the night there. The Mariah Inn would be the place to stay, if you have to. Try not to put yourself in a situation where you have to spend the night in Mojave. I work in the area. I have stayed in every motel this town has to offer. They are all terrible. The Mariah Inn is an old, dark building. With horrible water flow and plumbing problems. The staff seemed very nice. And i wish them all the best.

Room Tip: Watch out for the other guest pets.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Maria County Su... M, General Manager at Mariah Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our property and make any helpful suggestions. I appologize for taking so long to reply to your review. I had a little difficulty in operating the management center.

Kind regards, Kathy
Half Moon Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

During a road trip through the Southwest, we stopped at the Mariah (again) for 1 night. This hotel is in a nice quiet location off the main drag craziness.

The rooms are clean and adequate. The hotel itself is clean and adequate. The breakfast is pretty good. The staff have always been pleasant. We have never used the pool, so I can't comment on that.

As far as the middle of nowhere goes, this hotel is really your best bet. We like it, it does the job and it has some nice elements. It's Mojave :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mojave, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

BEAUTIFUL HOTEL! ECONOMICAL PRICE! I pkanned a romantic getaway for my boyfriend and I and this was the perfect p;ace. Fireplace,balcony, jacuzzi tub, this room lacked nothing. Except once we had drifted into a good night's sleep we were awakened by this idiotic clerk who wasn't sure we checked in and spent 5 minutes telling my boyfriend we had to pay for another day! Then I got on the phone and she proceeded to tell me the same thing, I told her I had already paid and she kept asking stupid questions like my namewhen did we come and so on and on. Finally I told her to talk to the person who checked us in because she was disturbing us! Five minutes leter she called back to apologize saying she spoke to the person and that person hadn't signed us in or something stupid. Put the damper on an otherwise perfect day . Beautiful room though.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

The pool was slimey my husband and daughter both fell and hurt themselves on the first step, the jacuzzi was broken. We rented a suite and paid for a firelplace but the manager never brought the logs that were promised. The tv remote distance work and we were giving a sheet and told to program it ourselves. And to top it off the resturant was closed!!! Never again

• Stayed June 2010
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I am very upset with this hotel! I stayed for 2 nights and they charged my credit card when it was already paid with cash. I have left A LOT of messages with this hotel and no one will call me back. They have taken $180 dollars from me plus overdraft fee's! They have poor customer service!! I have talked to managers and associates but no one has answers for me. Watch out they are shady people!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Mariah Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!