“Rude” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
Fort Mohave, Arizona
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just stopped by to look at the rooms.. I'm assuming the manager ( I could not really understand him) showed me two rooms that were small, smelly and not so clean, The rates are fair.
After asking a few questions, ie the trains, noise, problems with vehicle break ins, and a few other pertinent questions. I was told that he would not rent me a room!
Thank you. this place is a dive. I should have known better. ABV. is on the bottom of the motel chains.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ABVIManager_13, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
This person has not stayed at our hotel. He was offensive and rude just by talking down to our staff. We did not allow this person to stay at our hotel. We have reported this to issue to TripAdvisor. Thank you for the understanding.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vrhnika, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We drove though town and spent the night with no prior reservation and still got the best (otherwise reserved to online bookings) rate. Fantastic stuff and friendly staff! The motel is easy to find and family run. Room was very nice and the furniture had interesting aeroplane-geek emblems, true to the heritage of Mojave as an important aerospace-business establishment. No complains about the cleaninness of the rooms apart from a worn-out bathtub curtain. All in all, recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ABVIManager_13, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking your time out for us. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. We hope to continue do more to make our guest experience even better. We hope to see you again in the near future.
South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We got no sleep.

The best part of this motel is that it is across from an incredibly noisy train line that runs 24 hours a day. The soothing sounds of freight trains helped drown out the noise of all the rowdy construction workers that are packed 4 to a room.

We were the only travelers staying at this sketchy motel. Aside from all the construction workers, there were a few families living there as well. One room had 6 people in it: 2 adults and 4 children.

We seriously didn't sleep, as the room above us (4 construction workers) partied all night (I mean ALL night) and were either wrestling or throwing things. It went on until 4 am.

At 6 am a crew of 6 or 8 guys stood in front of the room next to ours talking, joking and laughing at the top of their lungs. It happened again at 7 am for the room on the other side.

At 9 am the guys above us started again, standing on the walkway drinking beer, flicking cigarettes over the railing and stumbling up and down the stairs.

Even if it weren't for the guys above us that sounded like they were doing gymnastic floor exercises or perhaps auditioning for Riverdance, the walls were so thin you could clearly hear the conversation of the room on either side. Let's just say there were things I wish I hadn't heard.

The motel itself is dirty. It's threadbare, with stained walls, sticky doors and chipped tile. There was mold in the shower and the carpets were filthy. Towels were stained, the sheets were ancient. Just - ick.

My husband booked this fleabag online, and had we known just how bad it would be we'd have eaten the cost and gotten a room anywhere else.

Room Tip: Avoid!! This place is nasty.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ABVIManager_13, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay here. We welcome any suggestions and comments that help us be a better hotel. When you checked out we gave you guys a refund for the night. We hope that you give you another chance in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Mojave hotels

Brookfield, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

the man at the desk was very nice.the room looked good then when we were in there a few minutes i found two dead roaches it kind of horrified me i had visions of lots of these getting in our stuff.the room was ground floor he showed me an upstairs room or very nicely said i could have my money back no problem he was very apologetic i decided that as it was the desert and they were dead.i would stay put . we never saw any other bugs that were alive or dead . and it actually ended up being one of the better rooms . there seemed to be a lot of work crews staying there and it was very quiet.the pool was really to small to be worth using more just for kids.but overall not bad at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This motel is a good choice. The staff is very courteous and accommodating. Nice selection of DVDs and a well kept pool. Close to train tracks but rooms are quiet. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Concord, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

The only way NOT to be disappointed is to expect the worst! Low-end, horribly noisy road motel at its worst.
Thin walls made me hear every single word from my neighbor's room even when they were not loud [and worse when they became louder]. Noise isolation simply non-existent; Cargo trains pass frequently during the night, and one feels as if they pass under one's pillow. Even the horribly noisy, old heating/cooling system could not mask the outside noises [or other rooms' noises], but every time it went into operation I woke up. I usually sleep VERY soundly. Room was decently clean but the old decor, furniture and bad maintenance made it feel dirty. Unfortunately, my room smelled strongly as well, as I believe will all rooms at this end of the motel [nearer to the office].
I would try ANY other option in town, if I ever have to stay in Mojave again, and I suggest you do too.

Room Tip: another motel, maybe another town if not forced to stay in Mojave - cargo train traffic is constant...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I liked the proprietor of this motel very much, and it had free internet too. Beyond that, it was nothing but bad news. The parking spaces were too narrow, the room was small and overcrowded with useless furniture, like the small table that one would be afraid to sit anything on because it was so unstable. The blower for the air conditioner has to be the loudest I've ever heard, ruining everything from conversation to TV. The sink faucet was so hard to turn on that my wife couldn't turn it on by herself, and it had hot and cold reversed. There was one small piece of soap, and the rest of the stuff was the liquid variety. If you don't like that, you're out of luck. The wallpaper was ripped, the light over the sink was missing its cover, and so forth. The "continental breakfast" consisted of a tray with four wrapped grocery store buns and a carafe of coffee, watched over like a hawk. The TV was dusty and the floor itself, while it didn't look particularly bad, made me want to keep my socks on. In short, this, my fourth Americas Best Value Inn on my trip, made me think that I don't want to take a chance on this brand anymore. It's rated either a 3 or a 4 by the company, and that is just a joke. It makes even Motel 6 look like luxury.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!