“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week. The front desk upgraded me as soon as I checked in, since I am HH gold. Only complaint is no free breakfast, only free continental breakfast. You have to pay the difference if you want to buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kole_Siefken, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear bluebirdchicago,

Thank you for staying with us. As a valued Gold Hilton Honors member, we appreciate you choosing our hotel for your accommodations, and are glad you enjoyed the upgrade. I apologize that breakfast was not what you had expected, but hope that you enjoyed items from the selections provided. If you're returning to the area in the future, please consider staying with us again.

Kole Siefken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tahoe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I spend 30-60 days a year in hotels, and don't recall having stayed in a room as beat-up as I had here. The earlier reviews of 4/18/12 and 1/28/12 are correct. Furniture scarred and stained, door latch broken, both sinks cracked, bathroom fixtures so old that the chrome was worn off down to the brass. The armrests on the desk chair had covers that were torn and peeling away, showing the padding that once was hidden underneath. Windows showed fingerprints and grease.
As noted by an earlier reviewer, the local Best Western has superior rooms at about half the price, in quieter surroundings, with more convenient parking. Hilton HHonors members, like me, are better served at the two Hampton Inns a few minutes away.
This place has a nice breakfast buffet, but the BW and Hamptons have complementary breakfasts for all guests, unlike this place.
In short, this property could be a 4 star destination (and looks like one from the outside) but the current franchisee seems content to run it into the ground and squeeze the last few drops out of it while it just gets tackier and tackier and tackier.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear MovnOut,

We appreciate you staying with us, and we value your business. I would like to offer my apologies for your experience. I appreciate your feedback and will share this with my team as to ensure better future stays.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The room was clean and modern with all we needed. The hotel had a good, friendly atmosphere and was well located. Although the hotel had a great restaurant we decided to eat out and found a fantastic restaurant within easy walking distance. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting or travelling through Modesto.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear brownies_12,

Thank you for the stellar review! I'm thrilled to hear that you found our accommodations to be everything that you needed. If you return to the area, we would love to have you join us for a meal in our restaurant, Maxi's.

Cypress, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Modesto on June 19th for one night on a business trip. It was a very nice and pleasant hotel to stay in. Hotel is located in the downtown Modesto area and easy walking distance to the local restaurants.

By the way, if you like ribs, you are in luck since the restaurant does have an all you can eat BBQ rib night.

I would recommend this hotel to those who are on business or leisure travel as they will not be disappointed wit either the service, amenities or the room.

The only negative and it is a very very minor one and has nothing to do with the hotel is that the list of local restaurants that the front desk will give you is not up to date as a few of the restaurants that I walked to were no longer in business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear dbanksiii64,

Thanks for staying with us while you were in Modesto. It's great to hear that you enjoyed yourself. I appreciate your suggestion for an improved restaurant list. We will take this into consideration for future stays. We hope to see you again soon.

Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The rooms are wonderful, great food,wonderful room service.Overall great place to stay in the whole of Modesto city.

• Stayed May 2012
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear lillikins69,

Thanks for staying with us, and for the great feedback! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here. Please keep us in mind for future trips to Modesto.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Recently stayed for two weeks at this property. First week I was on the street side and I did hear the trains throughout the night. Second week I requested a room on the other side of the hotel. I did hear the trains somewhat but not as much as the previous week. If it were not for the trains going all night this would be an excellent property. The parking is easy, and is validated by the hotel. During the day we were in meetings all day and the service was excellentand the food was very good from the restaurant.
If I ever had another reason to come to Modesto again, I will stay at this property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Ninth street were quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear marriottfan,

Thank you for staying with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will think of us for future accommodations. We are looking forward to seeing you return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel. The staff could not been better. Checking in and out was a breeze. I choose valet parking because of medical reasons and it was great. They were fast to get my car, ask if they
Could help with directions. I had dinner there. Food was good as well as the service. My room was very nice. Quiet at night. I will stay again. A last comment. The water was expensive. How about complimentary. Above that I gave it five stars.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Peerak, Director of Rooms Operation at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your nice comments. We do our best to make our guest feel at home away from home. We look forward to your future stays with DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto? Share your experiences!