“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 hotels in Modesto
California
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My family and I needed an inexpensive place to sleep for a Autism walk we were going to participate in. The room we had had parts of the carpets that were wet, one lamo would not turn off. Beds were to hard.
After we checked out and got home, found out they double charged me. They say it is not their fault and I will need to talk to my bank, refusing to refund me even after faxing them proof. I will talk with my bank to get ALL my money back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

1. Awful location: extremely noisy, close to the freeway
2. The staff was very rude, shouting
3. The room was not clean (hairs in the bathtub)
4. No laundry facility
The worst Motel6 experiece so far

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
modesto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

i have been here alot and only when this securtiy guard works i get a call from the office saying, that theres been complaints about traciff in and out. or loud nioses.. which if anyone gos out its not there business anyways. people come in all hrs for a room. i hear people up and down the stairs all nite long... this guard also watchs us we seeing him hiding always somewhere...why does he have that right to lie and why would he...Its really funny that i get complaints when no one is even in rms next or up from me...so if theres a time that no one should be in or out i like to no.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

Motel 6 is always a budget choice, and I'm not a picky traveler, but this one is not my favorite. We stayed on a Friday night in August. The property is older and feels like it's about to fall down--the windows rattled as I walked around in our second-floor room. The walls are very thin and I could hear partying and conversations going on around us. The people next door kept going in and out of their room until late at night, and the sound of their door closing was thunderous. The room was supposedly non-smoking but smelled like it had been a smoking room very recently; our clothes and luggage smelled like stale smoke for the rest of the trip. The beds were decent, nice and firm. Though the hotel doesn't seem to be in a particularly bad part of town, near a Ramada Inn and a new hotel being built across the street, the clientele (through no fault of the motel, of course) were overall sketchy. There was a parade of hoopties cruising slowly through the parking lot, around and around, and a lot of young people were up, visiting each other's rooms, hanging around outside their rooms, and chatting with occupants of cruising vehicles until very late at night. I feared for the contents of our car, but we parked right by the lobby (where a uniformed security guard was in evidence) and we had no trouble. This hotel needs some serious renovation and it's just barely adequate, even for budget travelers like ourselves. I almost always stay at Motel 6 when it's available, but I will not stay in this one again. I just didn't feel safe or comfortable, and I didn't like carrying that nasty smell with me the rest of the trip.

• Liked — It was the cheapest motel I could find in the area
  • Disliked — The smell, the unsafe feeling, the rickety building, and the noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Modesto? Share your experiences!