“Very enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Modesto

You added Park Inn by Radisson Modesto to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Modesto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1720 Sisk Road, Modesto, CA 95350 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Modesto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here enroute from Yosemity National park to San Francisco. Very clean room. Lots of near by, within easy walking to food outlets. Staff vey friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel. Based on our pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Thousand Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

My son was in an accident and in a local hospital. We stayed here because of the location and Marriott brand. This is an older facility, but extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. It made a very bad situation better. They gave us vouchers for their free breakfast buffet, which was awesome! Made to order omelets and waffles... The cafe staff were extra friendly too. Just want to say thank you.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Truckee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a late night check in and early morning check out. The front desk clerk was very pleasant. The drunk group meandering/loitering/stumbling into our car at the check in area was questionable.

We requested a quiet room and were placed at the back of the hotel, away from the interstate. I am a very light sleeper. Any noise will leave me tossing and turning all night. Our room was pleasantly quiet.

The parking lot was shady. Definitely oozed the possibility of a break-in. We parked next to the building in a well lit area, but still took EVERYTHING out of the car.

The rooms were outdated. Older green carpet with a design on it, probably so it wouldn't show stains badly. You know, the kind that plays with your eyes in big areas, hallways, etc. There were a couple of stains on the carpet, but if overall looket clean. Furniture was outdated, but not too shabby. Bathroom not fancy, but it was clean. The tv had been upgraded to a flat screen and there was a mini fridge in the room. The bed and pillows were very comfy.

Overall, our stay was fine. I just expect a higher standard from Courtyard. Gated parking and a facelift would be nice. I would definitely stay here again though, especially for $51 on Priceline.

• Stayed May 2012
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Nice hotel. Convenient for the area and close to several restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This property is right of highway 99 in Modesto. Typically I can expect to pay in the $130 to $150 range at a courtyard. This stay was a lot less. Even though they charged me $12 bucks more than their 800# quoted, it was still a good rate. It was convenient to have a restaurant on site. They made a fantastic (and very inexpensive) Cobb salad for me. The room was nice and clean, definitely up to the Courtyard standard. Something I thought was interesting is that a room card is needed to enter the building at all times. Usually, the doors are unlocked during daylight hours, but here, you have to have your key to get around. I think I like that. Though there was a lot of available parking, the lots that wrapped around the hotel were tight. My reason for "Very Good" rather than "Excellent" was only because of the questionable rate difference. Otherwise everything was great. Super nice staff too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This was my first trip to Modesto. I arrived late, just after midnight and the check in process was good. I also had a couple packages waiting for me which were promptly delivered to the front desk during check in. I also collected my free bottle of water and a Reese's Cup; a "thank you" gift from this particular Courtyard, as I am frequent customer of Marriotts.

This particular room was quite spacious and equipped as I expected. Wireless internet worked well and was free as is the case at most Marriott properties until you get into the resorts and other high-end properties.

The hotel has the typical Courtyard style restaurant for breakfast and, unlike many Courtyards, offers light fare for evening dining. Contact the hotel for menu items as selection is limited.

The hotel has a well maintained pool and spa, although I rarely use either, the water was very clean in appearance and the pool apron free of trash. The exercise room is small but has two treadmills and a single elliptical and a TV on the wall that allows viewing from any of these machines. A water cooler is also installed.

You’ll need your room key to access the halls and courtyard areas. In my case, I parked on the west side of the property and needed it once to access the courtyard, then again to access the particular hall/building before getting to the room.

Overall, a very good stay and would use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Yakima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Needed a place in Modesto at the last minute and I was dropped off here. Fortunately they had a couple of rooms of available. The room was comfortable, I thought reasonably spacious actually. Nice and clean. There was an active lobby crowd when I was there from some event which made it feel fun. Fresh cookies at the check-in desk also. The grounds seemed well maintained. I'd agree with other reviewers that it feels a bit outdated compared to other Courtyard properties I've stayed at. I had no trouble with WiFi, signed right on and speed was acceptable. Location was handy for our meeting in the morning. Close to the highway which was good for our business purposes.

The front desk attendant was courteous, the key card system was ridiculous and it took a while to get it to read the key. I'm not sure if it was operator error or really the machine. I was patient and glad to have a room, but a less patient person would have been quite annoyed. He joked about it and made light of it and wanted a new machine.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, I'd suggest rooms on the backside of the hotel, or, I guess the f...