“Nice, clean, secure, quiet.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Modesto

You added Park Inn by Radisson Modesto to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Modesto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1720 Sisk Road, Modesto, CA 95350 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Modesto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Santa Cruz, California
“Nice, clean, secure, quiet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This property is right of highway 99 in Modesto. Typically I can expect to pay in the $130 to $150 range at a courtyard. This stay was a lot less. Even though they charged me $12 bucks more than their 800# quoted, it was still a good rate. It was convenient to have a restaurant on site. They made a fantastic (and very inexpensive) Cobb salad for me. The room was nice and clean, definitely up to the Courtyard standard. Something I thought was interesting is that a room card is needed to enter the building at all times. Usually, the doors are unlocked during daylight hours, but here, you have to have your key to get around. I think I like that. Though there was a lot of available parking, the lots that wrapped around the hotel were tight. My reason for "Very Good" rather than "Excellent" was only because of the questionable rate difference. Otherwise everything was great. Super nice staff too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This was my first trip to Modesto. I arrived late, just after midnight and the check in process was good. I also had a couple packages waiting for me which were promptly delivered to the front desk during check in. I also collected my free bottle of water and a Reese's Cup; a "thank you" gift from this particular Courtyard, as I am frequent customer of Marriotts.

This particular room was quite spacious and equipped as I expected. Wireless internet worked well and was free as is the case at most Marriott properties until you get into the resorts and other high-end properties.

The hotel has the typical Courtyard style restaurant for breakfast and, unlike many Courtyards, offers light fare for evening dining. Contact the hotel for menu items as selection is limited.

The hotel has a well maintained pool and spa, although I rarely use either, the water was very clean in appearance and the pool apron free of trash. The exercise room is small but has two treadmills and a single elliptical and a TV on the wall that allows viewing from any of these machines. A water cooler is also installed.

You’ll need your room key to access the halls and courtyard areas. In my case, I parked on the west side of the property and needed it once to access the courtyard, then again to access the particular hall/building before getting to the room.

Overall, a very good stay and would use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Yakima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Needed a place in Modesto at the last minute and I was dropped off here. Fortunately they had a couple of rooms of available. The room was comfortable, I thought reasonably spacious actually. Nice and clean. There was an active lobby crowd when I was there from some event which made it feel fun. Fresh cookies at the check-in desk also. The grounds seemed well maintained. I'd agree with other reviewers that it feels a bit outdated compared to other Courtyard properties I've stayed at. I had no trouble with WiFi, signed right on and speed was acceptable. Location was handy for our meeting in the morning. Close to the highway which was good for our business purposes.

The front desk attendant was courteous, the key card system was ridiculous and it took a while to get it to read the key. I'm not sure if it was operator error or really the machine. I was patient and glad to have a room, but a less patient person would have been quite annoyed. He joked about it and made light of it and wanted a new machine.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, I'd suggest rooms on the backside of the hotel, or, I guess the f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Clayton, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I recently stayed at this property on a Saturday night. The hotel was filled with children and their parents who were all attending a soccer event in town. Even though there were many, many children I was conveniently given a room that was located away from all of the activity. The hotel staff was very conscience of accommodating me and ensuring my comfort. I can't say enough about the professionalism and decorum of the wonderful staff. I was given a Great big suite style room. It was clean and very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for the north side of the property.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Carmichael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is a converted property, originally a Mallards I believe. I have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are clean/comfortable, and although sometimes they over extend the amount of years between each renovation; they generally are up to par with corporate owned Marriott standards.The grounds and public areas are always in great condition and the service is just fine. The hotel is located in a retail area with lots of shopping and restaurants within waliking distance. A great option for lodging when visiting Modesto.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nites recently. Service was typical Marriott - meaning excellent. Wish I could say the same about the property. Winf i stayed in had no elevator so i had to carry my blags to the room. Parking near the front bordered on non-existent. Room was dated save the flat screen tv. Would stay here again if needed but generally disappointed withe the facility. Avoid rooms facing west - the road noise could be a problem.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights here while visiting family in the area. We were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed a spacious and comfortable room; contrary to other reviews we did not find it dated at all (perhaps it's a recent upgrade?) The bath room was very well appointed. The breakfast room was attractive, comfortable, and sunny with a nice view of the well-landscaped courtyard. The breakfast buffet is about what you'd expect at a Courtyard by Marriott (good; not terrific). We didn't use the pool but (not enough time) but it looked appealing. Numerous restaurants nearby (some within walking distance). All in all, an excellent value. We'll stay here again next time we visit our family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Modesto? Share your experiences!