“Disappointed this time” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 413 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Modesto, California
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It has been about three years since we have ate at this restaurant. The first we were impressed with the food. We ate there this last weekend and were disappointed. They had expanded and the atmosphrpere was very nice.

First, our bread that they serve every table was very gooey and not done on the bottom. Then I had Chicken Canneloni for dinner and it was swimming in white sauce. I knew there would be this sauce but not so much. And there was very little chicken in my Canneloni.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Modesto, California
“A restaurant in demand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a nice restaurant with good food. Family friendly, the menu is broad and embraces a nice variety of dishes. They are willing to adapt to one's needs ( my wife and I try to avoid carbs as much as possible and asked for more vegetables as a substitute). The service is excellent.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lathrop, California
“My experience was literally sickening!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

So far I tried this place 3 times. Now I will never go back. The first time I had their Ravioli. Their sauce had way too muchgarlic and I felt sick for several hours. The second time I ordered a Shrimp Scami, again, with a load of garlic. Don't get me wrong....I love garlic and I cook many many meals with it, but too much is too much. The third time I had canneloni. My daughter had a "special" and again everything was drenched in garlic. No more for me. I was sick for 2 days after my last experience. The only good thing I can say about this place is, if you love garlic, this is the place for you!! Definately!! I would have given this place a higher rating if the service was good, but unfortunately this wasn't the case either.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
California
“Our local gem of a restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food is always tasty and a good value for the money. On my most recent visit (to their new Riverbank location), I had the special, which was angel hair pasta with lobster. I was very pleasantly surprised with the amount of lobster. I figured for the price of $23.95 there would be 4 or 5 chuncks, but there were over 20! The seafood was very fresh. The service is friendly. I LOVE both locations of this restaurant!!

Visited June 2012
“Nice ambiance, good food...glad our 1st choice fell through!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good portions, great bread! We all ordered different items (calzone, pasta, pizzas) and no one came away hungry or disappointed. The waiter was attentive and helpful. We enjoyed our meal and left stuffed (and with leftovers). A gem in Modesto!

• Visited July 2012