“Perfect pub” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Modesto, California
“Perfect pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went here looking for some good pub food and this place was great!!! Size of the pub is perfect ( nice bar with just a couple high tops and booths) and they have a nice outdoor seating area. Great selection of craft beers on tap. Food was great. I tried the chicken and waffles which were great! Prefect blend of spice and sweet - jack Daniels syrup was delicious! Can't wait to go back and watch some games here!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Tiny Hidden Jewel In The Mess That is Modesto's Top Eateries (ie: Taco Bell and Denny's)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were in Modesto for a long weekend for an event (woo hoo?) and I have to admit that the food prospects on Yelp were heartbreaking. Did you know that Taco Bell is the third best rated restaurant on another review site in Modesto? Because it is. And the fact that it is makes me judge all of you a lot more than I should. I digress.

The point is that the food situation was looking pretty dire, so when I stumbled on the reviews for the Taproom (which happened to be just up the road from where our event was), I had a glimmer of hope shine brightly in my eye. And I'm happy report: that glimmer was well placed-- the Taproom is good stuff!

We were seated right away and the waitress was super friendly. She didn't even bat an eyelash at our absurd request for seven separate checks (I know, ok. I KNOW. I had to be THAT GUY this time). Drinks were always refilled with a smile and service was all around great.

I ordered their special, which was a Philly Cheesesteak. The sandwich was good and I've got no complaints. The bell peppers were particularly good tasting, if I had to pick out a notable element. Everyone in our group liked their food, so there's that, too!

The atmosphere is somewhere between a bar and pub. Relaxed, but clean and fun.

If I'm ever back in the area, I'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014