“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Modesto

You added Super 8 Modesto to your Saves list
Super 8 Modesto
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Salida Blvd, Hwy 99 At Pelandale, Modesto, CA 95358 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Modesto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chico, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was with my mom and sister and we needed a place to stay so we stayed at super 8 motel because it was cheap. I have to admit the staff was nice. The room was also nice, but our room was right near the train me and my mom could get NO sleep. Then the bed was uncomfortable. Also at breakfast there was nothing to eat we had a little cinnamon roll and my sister got a yogurt and that was it .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Super8Modesto, Director of Operations at Super 8 Modesto, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Midge H,

I would like to begin by apologizing for noise that you experienced during your stay with your mother. The train usually does not run during the night and must have been a unique situation. Regardless, our goal is to ensure our guests have a relaxing stay; hence, since you were unable to have this we truly apologize. Nonetheless, I would like to mention that we are in the planning phases of renovating our entire property with all new decor, furniture, and features. Be sure to check back with us soon at www.super8modesto.com for updates! Happy Travels!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Me & my boyfriend stayed here one night when he came into town. They barged into our room in the morning for room service at 7 in the morning. We were still sleeping & check out wasn't until 11. I've never had that happen before. Privacy would have been nice. Not to mention my boyfriend's truck had parts stolen from underneath it while it was parked in the parking lot. When the cops came & the managers were supposed to watch camera footage, we got absolutely no feedback on if they found anything or not. Shady. Biggest joke was that my boyfriend didn't even get refunded the room. Terrible. I'll never look at the place the same again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to apologize for the experience that you and your significant other had during your stay at our hotel. It is definitely not a normal occurrence of our housekeeping staff to knock on doors at 7am as their shifts do not begin until 8am. Furthermore, it is an unfortunate situation that your truck had theft; however, we did provide the video footage to the police whom take the evidence and decide who and when to provide it to. Unfortunately this was out of our hands, and in the hands of authorities. Regardless, your experience was unacceptable from our end. I would also like to mention that we are in the planning phases of renovating our entire property with all new decor, furniture, and features. Be sure to check back with us soon at www.super8modesto.com for updates! Happy Travels!

STOCKTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had stayed here last December and was impressed, so we booked a room again for this stay. Room was stuffy, since it was a smoking room and I thought I had requested a non-smoking room. When asked to be moved was told they didn't have any more rooms on the ground floor. Breakfast was great last time, wasn't as good this time. Thought there was eggs, but no! When I went back at 10:05 for one last cup of coffee, found it closed. The card that my keys came in said it was served until 10:30. Brought to their attention when I checked out, was so disappointed by then I really didn't care what their excuse was.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My stay here at the Super8 in Modesto has been great! I had an excellent front desk clerk who greeted me with a smile as soon as I walked in. The beds & gym were very clean. I got a good nights rest and even met some fellow travelers from Germany that befriended me. Of course, yeah I would recommend this Super8.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ben B.,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a wonderful review. We are glad to know that your stay was not only exceptional, but you were able to make some friends as well! We take pride in ensuring our guests have a memorable stay and are excited to know that you had just that. Thank you for the recommendation! We look forward to accommodating you again soon. Happy Travels!

ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a very nice hotel!Along with the clean room, it has a pool and small gym, but the big draw is the staff. They are friendly and accomodating. A very nice continental breakfast included. Well worth the stop!

Room Tip: dont forget your AAA
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leave-it-Lay,

Thank you very much for your great review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers. Our staff truly cares about all of our guests and do their best to ensure everyone is well taken care of. I will share your comments with each of them which will really put a smile on their faces. We look forward to your next visit! Happy Travels!

Director of Operations

Been to Super 8 Modesto? Share your experiences!