“clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mission Viejo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Right off the highway & easy to get to. Close to fast food, gas stations & entrance back to highway- off course. Very clean rooms & hotel in general. friendly, helpful staff. I would stay there again. Pricing is what's to be expected in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We returned to Fairfield Inn because of a positive experience last year and because it was in a convenient location with plenty of free parking. We were aware that there would be no refrigerator in our room, so I went out to get ice and found that the ice machine on our floor was broken. I encountered another guest who was looking for ice, so we took the lift to the ice machine on the third floor. In the lift, we met a janitor bringing a refrigerator to another room. The wi-fi in our room worked very well, there was a complete set of toiletries, and we had no problem with traffic noise. We had a room with a king sized bed with famous Marriott pillows. There were good channels on the TV. We did have to hunt around for electrical outlets, and we wound up using the one on the desk, one by the floor, and the one in the bathroom because we have to charge a lot of devices.

Breakfast in the area by the lobby was very nice with hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, yogurt, bananas and apples, and a very pleasant maintenance lady. They had many different kinds of tea. Free coffee and tea were available throughout the day for guests in the breakfast area, which was a big plus. They let us check out an hour late at 1 pm. The check-in and check-out was most pleasant and cordial. We feel this was a very good value considering that the price was highly competitive on a week night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bisbee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was concerned that this would be a noisy place to sleep as it's ingeniously built in the armpit of the off-ramp by a major freeway. However, once on the property it felt like we were in a secluded California park! At dusk, we were greeted by a family of bunnies on the west lawn. It told me if they trusted their brood there - we could too!
Inside our room was quiet and clean. Just what weary travelers want. Our 1st morning breakfast I was perturbed to see all the oatmeal was gone and most other food was wiped out. (Not to fault the hotel since there were several cheerleading teams getting energized that morning.) It was nearly time for the breakfast to be cleared away - yet staff brought out fresh supplies of everything needed to keep everyone happy! The staff was quick, friendly and professional at every encounter from maids to kitchen to front desk. High Ratings Fairfield Inn!! The only thing missing was access to the pool and spa - since it was under repairs. Parking was plentiful and travel in and out was convenient to all our TO-SEE's in the area. Yes, highest recommendation - we would stay there again!

Room Tip: If you're concerned about the freeway - ask for a room fartherest away from street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is fresh and very welcoming. I received outstanding service from the front desk staff as well as the maintenance gentleman who delivered a micro fridge. The rooms are clean, new, modern, and very comfortable. The wifi works well, HDTV, convenient parking and right off I-5 and only 15 minutes from John Wayne airport. This is a great choice in the OC.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Exeter, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairfield on the recommendation of my manager. The rates are very reasonable and the rooms are clean and attractive. The walls could be better insulated for sound but I have stayed at places where the walls were much thinner. The Fairfield is located right on Oso Parkway and is easy to locate with a sign over the road. Very convenient to Mission Hospital where I have been working...ten minute drive. A continental breakfast includes hard boiled eggs, fruit, a variety of baked goods, a waffle iron to make waffles and a dining room attendant who is very friendly and keeps the area clean and well stocked. Great for a business traveller. This inn is very clean, very accommodating and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Mission Viejo area. Particularly, business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013
Moorpark, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked this hotel because: 1) It was a Marriott, 2) I could get Marriott points and 3) It was only a few miles from the State Cup soccer tournament my son was playing in. I think we got a little spoiled staying at the Ayres Hotel the past few times we've stayed at a hotel, but the rooms at the Fairfield are small. There was basically just enough room for the two double beds, a dresser w/TV & tiny closet, a desk w/chair and a upholstered chair. I requested a baby crib (pack & play) and a refrigerator w/ microwave attached on top. Those items barely fit in the corner after we rearranged some furniture. A nice perk is that the fridge & microwave were provided at no additional charge; you just have to request it. The breakfast included was okay...oatmeal, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast, pastries, bagels w/cream cheese, doughnuts, make-your-own Belgian waffles, bananas, apples, orange juice, milk and coffee. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. Overall, the experience was good, but I probably wouldn't stay at a Fairfield Inn again because it doesn't accommodate the size of my family, but I'd stay at a Residence Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I won't bore you with details on the room. It was a typical very nice Fairfield inn with large bedding, large big screen TV and large bulky furniture. It was clean nd what I expected. The only draw back is the hotel is close to the freeway. I could hear road noise inside the room, luckily I had flown in from Atlanta and it did not disturb my sleep. It may however disturb another guest. If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room farther away or choose another.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County? Share your experiences!