“Perfect Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28951 Los Alisos Boulevard, Mission Viejo, CA 92692   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights - Save 20%!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Carlsbad, California
“Perfect Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be staying at the Ayers Hotel and Spa in Mission Viejo! We came here after a disappointing and expensive stay in Irvine. We are currently (yes I'm writing this while I'm still here) staying at the newer facility as there is an older one that is alittle more European style. Our room is beautiful and clean. It has a high beam ceiling which makes the room seem huge! I'm in room 367 which is quiet especially in the evening hours and has two separate air conditioners for both the front room and separate bedroom. That room has a jacuzzi tub along with an awesome shower! I'm not a tub person but you're going to love this one! It's not a gigantic monstrosity but bigger than a regular hotel tub. But you can still use as just a shower. I didn't want to get out! And the bed is just what it said "a Dream"! So comfortable and high end linens. It's considered a boutique hotel but don't let that fool you. This is better than any JW Marriott I've ever stayed at and for much much less money! If you're a traveler, look on their website for great deals! Right now they're having one called the 'Spring Bloom' which gives you 20% off. If you're a AAA member you get a much better rate so compare. Oh yeah you also get $20 off to use in the spa which I'm taking advantage of today. I'm getting a hot stone deep tissue massage for $135. And they have other spa services to choose from. Theres no housekeeping which I like because I don't like strangers coming into my room and also no added noise early in the morning! Bonus!!! Oh yeah....2 TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the front sitting room for those night owls. It's so quiet and nice here I don't want to leave! And last but not least I wanted to stay until 4:30 to do one last spa treatment so for $30 they said I could do that. I love their flexibility. Chase, one of the Supervisors was my hero! He got us the best room, the best rate and also offered another night at the same rate for Thursday to Friday and stay in the same room! Talk to him for all your needs. If you're going to Disneyland or other fun places, DO NOT pay outrageous prices for some dingy hotel room. This place blows the Disneyland hotel and other hotels in the area away! I know because I've stayed at a lot of them since I'm a Southern California resident.
Example: you'll shell out a min. $250 - $350 for a noisy, crowded nightmare. At the Ayers you'll spend around $140 - $190 depending what discounts you use such as the internet, website or AAA. Sorry this is so lengthy but I want others to discover this little bit of heaven. And they have 20 properties all over Sothern CA. My next stop....their Manhattan Beach Hotel not far from LAX. Woohoo!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel, and nice Patio area with fire pit. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Great breakfast with made to order omelettes made our mornings even better. Would definitely come back and recommend!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My son lives in the Mission Viejo area so we have stayed in different hotels while we visit at least twice a year. My daughter and her husband, with two toddlers have stayed exclusively in this Ayres, while my husband and I would stay at wherever we can get good deals.

A few weeks ago my daughter booked Ayres to visit with her brother. At the time my husband and I were just returning from another trip and decided not to come. Then we changed our minds but the hotel was sold out. I emailed Rachel, who has helped my daughter with her reservation. Rachel most graciously, replied in a timely fashion and helped me with our booking. We were able to stay next to the grandkids and had a good time. After we checked out, Rachel followed up with a phone call to make sure we enjoyed the stay.

I would say this hotel provides excellent customer service. The housecleaning staff is polite and the rooms are very clean. The front desk staff is friendly and pleasant. Ayres would definitely be our hotel of choice in the future.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Coto de Caza, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is stuffy and so is the staff. It needs updating and the pool is small and dirty. The staff comes off very pretentious, as if they are doing you a favor and there is no flexibility. The pictures are creepy and the rooms have a musty smell to them. As a resident, I must say go somewhere else - I've been told and witnessed that their behavior is very "California" and it wasn't a compliment.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our stay at the Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viego was delightful from the delicious complimentary breakfast to the very nice room we stayed in. I had a 90 minute massage with Mary at the Spa and it was also delightful. I would highly recommend her for a great relaxing massage to others. Rachel,Tanya, Mary and the entire staff were so customer oriented and friendly and such a joy to work with. They recommended great places to to eat and shop durning our stay. My daughter and son-in-law stayed at the hotel two years ago when they came out for my sons wedding and they highly recommended it. I knew the next time we came out to California that we would stay at this hotel and spa.

Room Tip: What view excites you most and what side of hotel has little traffic around that side of the hotel f...
Green Features: I think this hotel has excellent environmentally-friendly practices and I would recommend these practices to other hotels.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms at the Ayres are very nice, I stayed in a mini suite, pretty much the size of an Embassasy Suites room. The entire property is exceptionally clean, including the pool area. My only complaint is when I wanted to have dinner at 9:10 on a Friday. I was about 3 miles away, just finishing up some work. I called the hotel to find out when the restaurant stopped serving dinner, the front desk person said the last order would go in at 9:30, the restaurant closes at 10:00. I raced back to the hotel, and was in the door at 9:19. I could see the chef cleaning the grill in the kitchen, and another man told me they were closed. So I went to the front desk to ask for other suggestions. The front desk person told me that the restaurant's main restaurant would deliver for free to the room up until 10:00. I called the restaurant and they were also closed, at 9:24. This was a Friday night. It might sound trivial to some of you, but I was fairly annoyed.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently stayed at the hotel and had a corner suite. Bogus. The corner suite is extremely awkward in terms of space layout with doors opening and giving you 4 to 6 inches of space between you and the bed you at a toilet you in other parts of the room. Don't know why I would pay extra for this. Seems like this room should've been discounted rather than charge more. Peeked into another room down the hall which was not a corner suite and much more standard in size and layout. With plenty of room. I paid way too much for this hotel stay. Breakfast was so so at best. Food was cold , tables were dirty, just a standard continental breakfast with some cold eggs and came with sausage or slice of bacon. I would definitely not return . Also had a spa treatment for myself and daughter. We both came out saying it was average at best. We have had many spot treatments in our lives . The location is safe and comfortable. That's about all I can say. There are many other choices in California that I would spend my money on.

I would say that front office staff were friendly. And housekeepers were engaging and said hello.

Just know that the pictures online do not represent this hotel well. Someone hired a very good photo architects to get the very best possible angles and views. This is not true feel in push opinion.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Fred M,

We are much obliged to you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies in regards to the corner suite room not being up to par. We strongly urge our guests to bring any issue they might have with their rooms to our attention so we are able to make changes and make you feel right at home. It is truly displeasing to hear that the set up of our complimentary full American breakfast was so-so at best and not up to your standards. Thank you for your vital feedback. We have our TripAdvisor account set up so that our guests can view, not only our professional photos, but guest published photos as well. We wish you safe travels and hope all of your future accommodations are perfectly suited for you and your family. Thank you again for your review!

Didi Shields

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!