“Why did I stay here?” 1 of 5 stars

Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28951 Los Alisos Boulevard, Mission Viejo, CA 92692   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights - Save 20%!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mission Viejo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Why did I stay here?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

At first glance, I was really pleased with Ayers. The rooms are spacious and the lobby area is beautiful. But I found it odd that there weren't any room service options or service in the hotel. What really upset me was the fact that there was no water.

YEP - you read correctly. No water. Of course, no one told me that when I checked in. And of course the water happened to be "turned off" for a 3 hour period which is conveniently right before check out... you know.. when everyone is showering and packing.

I called the front desk and I was told that they would take care of it by adjusting my bill. However, when I got to the desk for check out - I was told there was nothing they could do. That I should have gone to their other location to shower...

Needless to say I will never do business with them again, nor will I advise my colleagues to stay there either.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I usually stay here on my annual visit to see family, and love the friendliness of staff. They are so welcoming and helpful. Breakfast is always fresh and there are healthy choices as well as the treat of a waffle-yum!
This last visit, I needed to move rooms and the staff could not be more helpful. I also love the decor- very Californian relaxing.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is clean and comfortable. Free wifi was useful with no connectivity problems. Enjoyed the free breakfast which was delicious and had all of the basics. I used the fitness center which was small but had everything I needed with a recumbent bike, 2 treadmills, elliptical, adjustable flat/incline bench and free weights. I had it to myself each of the nights I was there. I also took advantage of the washer and dryer on my floor. It was $2 per load per machine but it was convenient. The housekeepers, breakfast, and front desk staff were very accommodating.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have stayed in Ayres for the first time during our visit in Mission Viejo. It is a comfortable place with a very good service and convenient location.
Reasonable pricing includes hot breakfast. Will be back again.

Room Tip: all rooms are suites
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is inland from the coastal area and requires toll roads to get to it. There are 2 Ayres hotels here, so be advised to approach the right one. My room was a 2 bed suite with a small living area. The center of the hotel is open and some people were using the firepit, very cool. Rooms are spacious and clean, internet worked fine. Plenty of parking. Breakfast was good with eggs and a chef, although the area is smaller than most. If you come up the toll road you feel you are in a remote area. But the Mcdonalds, food store and a great place called the Urban grill are just down the other way.

Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister lives down the road in Mission Viejo, so we travel here at least once a year. There is nothing is really close, so our options are all a couple of miles away. We have had good luck with the Ayers chain (Laguna Hills), and this one was similar. The hotel is off the toll road, and since I don't have FastPass, it's up the surface streets we go. But they are not bad.

The hotel is nice. Breakfast always offers a wide selection, lots of options to satisfy the wife and me as well as our 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son. The suite was nice and large. The beds were comfortable and we got a good nights sleep. The cleaning crew always did a great job (tips seemed appreciated). We also enjoyed using the pool and hot pool next door (Ayers Suites -- I'm not sure why they exist side-by-side though).

My only quibble is with 2 adolescents of different genders I wish the love seat in the living room would pull out as a sofa. (European hotels usually seem to offer 2 single beds in their family rooms). Other than that, well done.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear MikeyBikey,

Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent stay with us! I deeply appreciate your detailed feedback regarding our complimentary full American breakfast, convenient location, and accommodations. I hope you will choose us when you return to visit your sister in the future! Thank you again.

Didi Shields
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We use this Ayres for our business customers. Rosanne Griffin and Jackie always take care of us and provide excellent service. They go the extra mile to assist and fulfill our needs. My travelers enjoy the easy check in process, comfortable rooms and free wifi. The cooked to order breakfast is liked by all.

I recommend this for business travelers as well as a weekend get-a-way! Pamela @ Spectrum

Dear Pamela R.,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our Ayres Hotel & Spa in Mission Viejo! I am thrilled to see that we are your go-to hotel for clients. Our team is absolutely one-of-a-kind and I take great pride in knowing that they continue to make a positive impression on you. It is truly an honor to provide our complimentary amenities and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Didi Shields

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!