“Great location and nice hotel = great value” 4 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Elkins Park
“Great location and nice hotel = great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have spent over 30 nights here and this is ALWAYS my go to hotel in the area. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable, plenty of parking, and a nice (and free) breakfast make it a nice spot to stay in the area.

It is not a luxury hotel but has luxury feel (but NOT luxury prices).

Recommendd staying on side facing away from street as walls are a touch thin and light sleepers may hear the traffic (which starts early in CA).

I'll be back.

Room Tip: Not on side of hotel facing the street.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Downey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The WORST day turned into a great stay. A romantic anniversary night/stay turned into a family outing due to a sick baby. We had already paid for the room so we had to at least try to enjoy it. I had been crying the whole way to the hotel and the receptionist, Tanya, saw that I was visibly upset. I explained to her what a terrible day I had had and she was simply marvelous, thoughtful and accommodating without coaxing her in any way. I explained that we needed a room in a corner so that we wouldn't disturb other guests and she was so quick to help, reassure me and provide what I needed. We got into the room and it was fabulous, basically a suite where I could lay the baby on a sleeper sofa when she fell asleep and my husband and I could still get some alone time. A few minutes after checking in I got a knock on the door and it was Tanya with a dozen roses and chocolates and explained that she felt so bad for me she just had to do something nice. WHAT?! Does this even happen anymore? I was so touched by her sentiment and thoughtfulness. The rooms are very nice, big, modern but with old world décor and the courtyard was so beautiful and nice for the baby to run around and explore. I would return to this hotel 100X over. I am so grateful for the warm reception I received.

Room Tip: We were kindly given a corner room because I advised we had a sick baby and wanted to try to keep th...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Priscilla R.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo! I am elated that Tanya was so welcoming and helpful upon your arrival. It is always a true honor and pleasure to know that our team goes above and beyond for each of our guests. Her kind gesture is exactly what we at Ayres strive for: providing excellent customer service with sentiment to our guests needs. Thank you for your kind compliments and we hope this finds you well!

Mission Viejo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I live nearby, and had a plumbing emergence at my home. The water had to be shut off and holes cut into our drywall. I booked a room at the Ayres Hotel and Spa. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the hotel was immaculate and my room was large and nicely furnished, and I heard no road noise, even though the . A full breakfast was served in pleasant surroundings. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Green Features: This is an environmentally friendly hotel. The room lights are controlled by inserting your room key into a slot by the door. Towels are not replaced unless you leave them on the floor instead of hanging up.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JoAnne M,

Thank you for choosing Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo while your home was being worked on! It is both unfortunate and inconvenient when situations arise within our own homes but I am delighted that we had the availability for you and that we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to serving you for leisure in the future! Thank you again for your recommendations.

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Although I only stayed for one night, I have nothing but good things to say about this place. Probably the best overall "budget" hotel stay in years. The made to order breakfast and friendly staff topped it off.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Sedona_JimS,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind compliments concerning our scrumptious full American breakfast.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great place! We stayed 4 nights while visiting our son and family for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Free breakfast was the best! Very clean. Friendly staff.
For some reason this will not let me post ..saying I stll need a review????

Room Tip: Had to use your key to turn the lights on.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent stay with us! I appreciate your kind compliments and hope to see you return for a visit soon!

Regards,

Newport Beach, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My sister used the Ayres hotel for her room block for her wedding this past weekend. We had a party of 3 and stayed in a standard room with 2 queen beds the night before the wedding. Our experience was absolutely terrible. We turned on heat in the room, which smelled like burning hair and prompted the smoke / fire alarm to start going off at 11 pm after opening the windows and doors it stopped. We called down to the front desk, and 15 minutes later Martin showed up. He was clearly annoyed by the problem we explained that it stopped, but that it was cold in the room and wanted to use the heat. He turned on the unit and said it's working fine leave the window open.

We explained that my sister was getting married in the morning, and that we didn't want to have this be a problem and that it stunk. Martin said that the only room they had was a king bed, we explained that there were 3 of us, clearly we were all standing there, and that we needed at least 2 beds. We also explained that my sister was getting married in the morning, and that we needed a better solution.

Martin said he had to go back to the front desk and would call with a solution. 10 minutes later no answer from Martin, so we call down and he says that the only room is a king and that my friend in the shower didn't seem to care about the window being open or the king being the only option so we should go to bed or take the king. The tone he used was more rude than I've ever experienced from a hotel employee. The friend in the shower, was the bride who he never spoke to. I explained again, this was unacceptable, he then hung up.

I go downstairs to see what's going on. He was sitting in the back talking to another Ayres employee. I said we're waiting to hear back about the room, and Martin turned around and walked into the back and the other front desk rep stepped in and found us another room.

When we finally got to the other room there was a bag of garbage in the hall in front of the new room, with dirty underwear lying on the floor and a bag of chips or something all over the floor.

The other front desk agent hastily apologized, but the entire experience was totally unacceptable. I can understand if the shift was ending, but the manner in which we were treated was disgusting. Especially when there were over 20 rooms through the room block. They didn't offer any type of discount or any other accommodation for the inconvenience and there was never so much as a genuine apology.

If you're expecting a good service experience go else where.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sara P.,

Please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo. It is completely out of character for any of our team members to behave in the manner that they did. This will absolutely be addressed with our team and serve as a training platform. Again, I regret that the service you received was sub-par. Please feel free to contact me at any time and it will be my pleasure to assist. I thank you for your time in writing your honest review and can only hope to redeem ourselves with you in the future.

Best Regards,

Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I always travel on business.This hotel is very quiet and clean.Perfect for me. Never a foul smell, always clean, no pets and spacious rooms. Staff is very friendly. Always helpful and willing to make sure I have a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Andrew N.,

Thank you for being a loyal Ayres Hotels guest. We appreciate your patronage, feedback, and recommendation. We look forward to having you again in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Didi Shields

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!