We had a room on the top floor (3) near the elevator on a Sunday night, but it was very quiet and very close to the car. The hotel is two years old and the beds were comfortable but not firm enough for me. Breakfast if complimentary and hot with many things except fresh fruit. The reception and spa personnel were professional but not warm enough for greeting people. They warm up after a long while. The spa technicians do a good job, and all the treatments are great. There is an almost "mandatory" 20% tip on the "before promotion" spa services that ends up very expensive and feels unfair. You can tell it is really not welcome to tip lower than that. The spa is only on appointment with cancelation fee if under 3 days.
I would avoid Piccolino restaurant heavily advertised by the hotel, because of their overstated pricey and too spicy food but there are not a lot of options next door other than hamburgers, Subway, and mall type food. There are other restaurant options 15 minutes away such as a French creperie and other places. We did not get a chance to try them. If you want to spend over $30 a meal at Piccolino, it is better to drive 25 minutes away to the Ritz Carlton in Dana Point and have a romantic, fantastic food with incredible ocean view at 180Blu restaurant, and it will end up less expensive. The restaurant within the hotel Ayres was closed on Sunday, but it belongs to the same chef as the Piccolino's, so I don't know if it is as pricey and as spicy, or more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name.You’ll find all of the luxurious guest rooms at our Mission Viejo hotel are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, iHomes, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. And every morning you will start your day right with our complimentary full American breakfast. Ayres Hotel and Spa Mission Viejo welcomes travelers with all the modern amenities you have come to expect from the Ayres name and all of the exciting business, recreational, and entertainment attractions South Orange County has to offer. Take in the exquisite views of Saddleback Mountain by hiking or mountain biking on one of the mountain's many scenic hiking trails. Relax with various spa treatments, like an Aromatherapy Massage or Chocolate Body Wrap, available at the Athena Day Spa located inside the hotel. Or indulge at the Modjeska Bar and Grill also located within the hotel. The on-site restaurant offers various types of cuisine including burgers, pasta, and ribs. Nearby, the Irvine Spectrum offers various entertainment possibilities encompassing shopping, dining, an IMAX theater and cinema, and the Improve comedy club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Spa Mission Viejo
- Ayres Hotel Mission Viejo