“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Troy, Michigan
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is included in the room charge. The breakfast omlets are made to order. The attached steak house and bar serve good food and drinks. Free parking is included in the rate. I would recommend having a good map. Most navigation systems want to direct drivers to the toll road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Bill2011_11 -

It was a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. Thank you so much for your review and for choosing us for your stay. I am thrilled you found such value in the complimentary amenities and that you were able to try the delicious food at Modjeska Bar & Grill. We are grateful for your review and look forward to your next visit.

Didi Shields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is spotless. The rooms are perfect. The staff is wonderful. The complimentary breakfast is delicious. Paul who works in the evening in the restaurant provides the best of service. Try the sliders you will love them. The bloody mary is an authentic old recipe.

Just be careful when exiting the hotel to other destinations. Our garmin GPS system wanted us take the toll road (241). We paid $6.25 to travel one mile. Try to avoid it as much as possible. I think you can program the GPS systems to avoid the toll roads.

Overall a great place to stay. It was very quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Positive experience with friendly and professional staff, but their wi-fi network is the weak link in the chain. Repeated attempts to log in were frustrated on both iPad and three separate smart phones. Usually the Ayres network was unavailable to our devices (simply did not appear in the menu of available networks) and on those occasions when it WAS available it would disappear after a login attempt. We brought our devices to the front desk but problems were not resolved. Note that suite DID include Ethernet cable for direct connection to the Internet, but that is not an option for smart devices (iPads, iPhones, etc.). Spent the better part of three days chained to a slow cellular data connection.

• Stayed December 2012
Anza
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The service was superb, especially Tanya at the front desk. Your breakfast is the best I have had at ANY facility. Thank you so much for making this a wonderful experience for my sons' wedding party and family. Have a wonderful and safe holiday to all at Ayres.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Everything from staff to look to comfort was amazing the breakfast was great and the staff made it really comfortable for the whole wedding party we were with thank u and I look forward to spending time there again

• Stayed December 2012
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Such a promising start. The exterior is beautiful Adobe-style and the structure sits up high on a bluff. The lobby is well appointed and the front desk staff are attentive and made an accommodation for my early check in. It's a non-smoking hotel and you are required to sign a sheet that warns smokers of a large fine if they smoke in the rooms, Once I arrived to my room, and opened the door, there it was, the smell of old, stale cigarette smoke. Since there were no other rooms ready, I decided to stay. The furniture in the office area is cheap; I pulled the door open looking for a pen and paper and it was a faux door and fell off. Later I called room service and no one answered. I was told to leave my name and order and would be called back. Good luck keeping your room at a comfortable temperature. The thermostat is impossible to figure out. The free breakfast was average; powered eggs, limited meat choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel is fine, it is clean and the bedding is comfortable. I found the staff to be less than memorable. When I booked the website said that they offered shuttle service. I stayed at the hotel to be close to the location of a holiday gathering. When I asked to utilize the shuttle service (distance less that 2 miles from hotel) I was told that it was only for corporate guests and within 3 miles. I said that wasn't made clear on the website that is was exclusively for corporate. I also said I just needed to go less than 2 miles. I was denied shuttle service. This was frustrating for me. The man who checked me in was cold and impersonal. I think paying almost 150.00 for the evening, a bit of customer service is expected. In the future I will seek another property to meet my needs. Also the TV reception was poor, although I wasn't there long enough to watch much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Hramsey21 -

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased you found the accommodations comfortable, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the shuttle service. Though the shuttle is intended for corporate guest use, the service should not have been denied you and I am sorry for this. I have already spoken directly with the necessary team members to ensure against this in the future. I have also notified the corporate team of the error on the website. It is being changed to more accurately reflect our services. Again, I am sorry for this issue and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Didi Shields

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!