“One of my favorite hotel chains.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
“One of my favorite hotel chains.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at various Ayres locations for years. Probably over 50 stays in all. I usually stay at the Mission Viejo Spa location. It's very new and they have very nice suites. My only suggestion would be change machines in laundry room and vending machine area.

• Stayed April 2012

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Riverside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We got our accommodations as a voucher for a "get-away" and will be returning at full price! Sometimes, when using a coupon or voucher, service isn't quite as cheerful as it should be. It was wonderful to be greeted courteously and treated as a valued guest. Our room was very comfortable, with plenty of well-placed outlets for our electronic gizmos.

We decided to try dinner in the hotel's Modjeska Bar & Grill dining room after we checked in and were very glad we did. We started with the calamari appetizer and can honestly say it was the best -- and most tender -- calamari we've ever eaten. For entrees, we chose the lasagna, which had a wonderful blend of spices in the sauce, and the fish, shrimp and chips. Everything was perfectly prepared and we ate every bite, We enjoyed wine and martinis with our meal.

The hotel also provides a complimentary hot buffet breakfast, with scrambled eggs, potatoes and breakfast meats, as well as oatmeal, cereals, bagels, pastries and a full array of beverages. Everything was well presented and appropriately hot or cold. IT was an excellent way to start the day!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Kathy -

We are thrilled you allowed us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional hotel experience once again. Thank you for returning to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo and for your very kind review. I am pleased to hear that the cuisine offered at Modjeska Bar & Grill was so well received and that you enjoyed the various offerings of our complimentary full American breakfast. We love having guests visit us on more than one occasion as it gives us a chance to get to know them that much better and learn the best ways to make them feel comfortable. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here again fr a couple days over Sping Break and everything was, once again, great. The people are very friendly, the hotel is up to date and very clean, the food is good with enough variety, and they don't nickle and dime you at all. It really is a great value all around and the hotel grounds, lobby and rooms are reminiscient of a much more expensive property. They almost always seem to offer specials and discounts so watch the website or do a search for coupon codes before you book.

Room Tip: If you are situated in one of the rooms at the back of the hotel you should have nice view of the hi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear 32635Julie -

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo once again. I am appreciative that you chose us for a second time and that you found the accommodations, decor, and rates so consistently exceptional. Nothing is more satisfying for our team than to know that a guest has returned to our hotel and has once again had a comfortable hotel experience. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to your return.

Safe travels,

Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I just had the pleasure of spending two nights at the Ayres Hotel & Spa while in Mission Viejo visiting family and I highly recommend this hotel. There is also an adjacent property called the Ayres Suites which has a pool and jacuzzi which is open to guests of both properties. You can get a great view of the mountains from the Suites side of the property. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and efficient. There is a great little bar/restauarnt on premises. I didn't have an opportunity to try the food but it smelled wonderful. The free breakfast buffet is very nice with a variety of hot & cold items. I had a King Suite which had a wonderfully comfortable bed and was very spacious. Large flat screen TVs in both the sitting room and the bedroom with a variety of channels including HBO. The suite also had a mini-fridge/freezer and microwave to make for all the conveniences. There is a shopping center just down the street if you want to pick up some groceries or food to go - you can even walk to it although the walk back is uphill all the way and it's get you a bit winded - I know because I didi it!! . The spa was very nice as well with courteous staff, comfortable atmosphere and affordable prices. I can't commnet on nearby attractions or hotspots as I was in town only to visit family but the hotel is located near major roadways and I'm sure accessible to various restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here agian if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Anthony0809 -

It was an honor to have you as our guest for two nights. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for your very kind comments. We strive to create the best possible hotel experience for our guests, so I am pleased that everything from the service to the accommodations to the on site restaurant (Modjeska Bar & Grill) lent themselves to a satisfactory visit. A guest recommendation is the highest honor a hotel can receive so your endorsement is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here as part of a wedding block. Had no issues. I was able to map a route without tolls thanks to a function on my phone. (Local roads off the I-5.)

Very friendly check-in staff, and definitely one of the better free breakfasts I've had. Beds could be more comfy and towels softer, but it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Steverinie -

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We know a wedding is a wonderfully celebratory occasion that can also be stressful if the hotel of choice is not accommodating, so I am very pleased that we were able to provide you with the most comfortable stay during this happy time. We appreciate your feedback on the bedding and linens as well and will use these comments on future reviews of hotel offerings.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I discovered Ayres Hotel and Spa about 2 years ago when all of the national brand hotels were booked. I was initially hesitant to book the Ayers as I didn't know it was what I wanted for a business trip. Thankfully I tried them. It is now my hotel of choice for every trip to Orange County. The facility is spotless, the rooms are all suites, large, comfortable and up to date. The staff is great, and there's a fantastic complimentary hot breakfast. I think it the best choice in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike -

We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to show you how well the Ayres Hotels stand up against national brands. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with the service and comfort upon your initial visit that endeared the hotel to you and made us your continued choice. We appreciate your very kind words and look forward to your return.

Safe travels,

Whiteley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We have stayed a number of times at both the original hotel 'part' and the more recent Spa hotel. They are both excellent and of very high standard. The Ayres Hotel has a more traditional feel, whereas the Spa is perhaps more spacious and has more health/relaxation-related facilities. The latter has a triangular format with a centre forming a very relaxing inner courtyard with easy chairs etc and is particularly nice for sitting outside whilst having breakfast. Speaking of which, the breakfasts cover a full range from cereals, fruit, toast and cooked options etc. The staff in both hotels are extremely pleasant and helpful, nothing is a problem for them. The rooms/suites are spacious and spotlessly clean. The hotel is located next door to a Vons, which is particularly convenient. I've probably forgotten a lot of other pluses, but the the bottom line is that I really can't fault these hotels. My wife can't either and she has OCD.

Room Tip: View over quiet 241 toll road or Saddleback valley - both ok.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear James -

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for choosing our hotel for your stay on more than one occasion. It is wonderful to hear that you find everything from the accommodations to the complimentary full American breakfast to the location consistently satisfying. I also appreciate you acknowledging our sister hotel, Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, as the entire Ayres Hotels of Southern California chain works hard to provide the best possible hotel experience for our guests. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Didi Shields

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!