“Beautiful, well situated and luxurious” 5 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Gedera, Israel
“Beautiful, well situated and luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Ayres Hotel & Spa in Mission Viejo is just off the main highway. The hotel has spacious parking and the rooms are large, excellently furnished with all one would need for a short or extended stay. The cost is reasonable compared to what is offered and the locale. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

While the lobby, entrance, and hall areas are quite nice, the rooms are just good (not awesome). The bed wasn't quite as comfortable as some other inns we stay at, but it was good enough. The place was clean and did not have any funny smells. We tried to check in for our flight using the business computer downstairs (near front desk), but it powered off in the middle of our effort (due to a loose power cord). The location is a bit off the I-5, but it's easy to drive down El Toro Rd. All in all, a good place to stay and a good value compared to many other hotels in the area.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Excellent place to stay with kids--excellent breakfast, esp. for kids; pool accessible but too cool to swim in Dec., very comfortable feel to the whole place. Be sure to check various websites before booking, because prices are all over the place--and check back several times, because they change a lot.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is the most amazing 3 star hotel! It is out of the way for many attractions near the 5 fwy but I don't mind. The staff is attentive to your every need and the property is clean and beautiful. We will stay there whenever we come back to OC from Phoenix because I am now spoiled for all other hotels in this price range. I do hope to catch one of their sales next time!

Room Tip: The double queen is very roomy for families.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here with my friends for a wedding. We got a good rate and I didn't expect much more than just a place to sleep but I was surprised. This place is really nice. The staff was also really great. The 2 gentlemen at the front desk were always very polite attentive and sincere and so was the girl. They always greeted us and wouldnt just say hi and bye.They seemed genuinely interested in how we were doing. Good customer service is hard to find. The rooms were very nice. Spacious and this property seemed very new. The free breakfast was a nice touch and pretty good. If I am every back in the area which I doubt Id go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Mukilteo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

First off the property is new, the rooms are very nice and beds comfortable. I always appreciate a clean room and this one was very clean. It sits right off the freeway in a parking lot with another Ayres hotel.

Breakfast was very nice, plenty of options. The "access to pool" is a bit mis-leading. The pool is in the middle of the parking lot next to the other hotel. It has a very "motel 6" feel to it. If you are looking for a retreat, this is not your pool area.

I went to the pool after a long day out and it was full of 10-12 boys and their parents who had brought in ice chests of alcohol and were so loud that everyone, including myself left the pool area. I am all for having a good time, but this was beyond rude. When I complained to the manager at the hotel, he said he was not in control of that area but would call over and let the other Ayres hotel know.

Bottom line, you pay $160 for a night you expect a certain level of a hotel, especially one with the name Spa in it. What I got was a 3 star hotel at a 5 star price. It was a very nice clean hotel, but it is not a 4-5 star experience. We actually ended up moving to another property instead of staying.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Recently, my husband and I were heading to Orange County for a day of whale watching. Normally, we would just drive home right after the whale tour, but because of the location and a pretty good deal, at the MV Ayers Hotel & Spa using our AAA discount, we decided to book two nights (Friday and Saturday). We requested a King Pillow top Suite on the third floor—and got it (since the fine print mentioned they could not guarantee the type of room we requested). The desk clerk was proficient and the registration process went without a hitch.

I was surprised that the room seemed a little ‘small’, but then realized how the online photos are usually taken with wide-angle lenses. All the room’s amenities were present as listed on the website. We unpacked and settled in---my husband finding the ‘living room’ couch suitable for a nap, while I surfed the Web using the free wireless Internet connection. The ‘soaking tub’ was wonderful and the bed was very comfortable.

Friday night, after eating dinner out with friends, we brought them back to the hotel and we all had the pleasure of sitting by the ‘fire pit’ in the courtyard.

Upon returning to the hotel on Saturday night, we noticed the parking lot was pretty full and were nervous that it was going to be a noisy night, but we were pleasantly surprised how serene it was. The incredibly comfy pillow-top bed made it hard for me to get up early for my 9 a.m. Spa appointment the next morning.

Bruce and Angie of “A Spa at Ayres Hotel and Spa” made me feel very welcome to their cozy facility. I didn’t feel rushed or like I was on an ‘assembly line’ as you do in the larger day spas. My 60-minute Swedish massage with Bruce exceeded my expectations and my Signature Facial with Angie was soothing and painless.

We found the breakfast spread had many options, nicely arranged and delicious as well.

We will surely stay at the Mission Viejo Hotel & Spa in the future!

Room Tip: A pleasant, peaceful place to rest and work.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Hi Joanie, thank you so much for sharing your positive travel experience with others! Whale watching down at Dana Point or Laguna Beach is breathtaking and we're excited you decided to make a staycation out of your trip. I see you enjoyed your King Studio Suite and secured one with a view of Oso Resevoir for a gorgeous view. Please be sure to ask if we have any available upgrades next time and we'll see if we can move you to a spacious One Bedroom Signature Suite that has separate living room from bedroom for added comfort. Thanks again for sharing!

Warm regards & safe travels,
Mat Hildebrant
Revenue & Marketing
Ayres Hotels Corporate

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!