“Ayres was so accommodating for our wedding guests!” 5 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 20% Off!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersGold level
Torrance, CA
“Ayres was so accommodating for our wedding guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I actually couldn't wait to write this review! My son got married March 2nd in Rancho Santa Margarita and when we committed to the date a year prior, the venue suggested Ayres Suites Mission Viejo. Before reserving a block of rooms for the wedding, we visited Ayres and met with the event manager, Jeanette. Being that my daughter in law is European, she immediately liked the European decor at Ayres and the rooms were conveniently equipped with a mini refrigerator, small sink and a microwave which comes in handy for these type of events. (The rooms were spacious and had a little table, and in the cases of King studio - they had a couch).
Ayres was very reasonably priced and the rate included breakfast.
The periodic reservation process was easy and we immediately received updates.

Let me jump to the day before the wedding. We booked over 42 rooms throughout the weekend with 80+ guests. Ayres was so cooperative, so courtesy and generous in terms of their time and assistance. I remembered everyone's name (Valerie, Jeff, Twany, Jeanette and a little help from Dean). They extended not only courtesy and cooperation to me, as the organizer of the wedding, but I ALWAYS saw them kind to our guests.

When we were at the hotel early (due to checking out from night before accommodations), they did everything they could to expedite the cleaning of the rooms for early occupancy. We were waiting for the "other shoe to drop" but it didn't or at least I didn't know about it. They even understood how wedding celebrations/guests can be in terms of loudness, craziness, etc., but they appeared to handle it with ease, and (ok, this may seem corny...) with a smile! We just kept on wanting to give them goodies from the weekend as a thank you!

There were a few accommodations that Ayres helped with over the course of the weekend that really assisted with our large group but I don't know what's always typical, so I won't share those. Suffice it to say, they appreciated our business (as a large group), and we appreciated their wonderful professionalism and courtesy.

Being that Ayres is located just off the 241 Toll Road, for some that can be troublesome, but for us, it was convenient and fast. There is a little shopping center right down the hill from Ayres in which we utilized (Vons, nail salon, a few fast food restaurants, etc.).

So in closing, without hesitation, I would recommend this hotel, and especially for wedding guests.

Room Tip: King rooms are spacious with sofa and little dining/table area. One bedroom suites are very spacious...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Ayres Suites in Mission Viejo on trips to Southern California for the past 5 years and everything about the stay remains impeccable!
The staff is professional, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms are always immaculate! The surroundings help you relax and feel safe and comfortable.
A real breakfast is served daily and the snacks and wine/beer are great at the end of a long day. I have met wonderful fellow business travelers and it is great to see many again and again over the years. One thing that we have all agreed on is the superior service, surroundings and value of Ayres suites. The new building is also excellent. The restaurant is also top notch. If you want to venture out; there are literally dozens of restaurants nearby - Italian, Indian, Thai, Chines, Sushi, Steak houses, Mexican - whatever you are in the mood for is available in the immediate area.
I , along with my colleagues, cannot praise Ayres Suites enough and our company will continue to have an account with them and we always recommend them to guests visiting the area.

Many thanks for the wonderful service!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are quieter and probably better for families with small children.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Mission Viejo, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear JE -

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for making us your choice of hotel in the area. We are always thrilled to learn we have provided such consistent service and accommodations to our guests. It makes us incredibly happy to welcome you back year after year. I appreciate your comments about our sister hotel as well and will be sure to pass them along. We are very grateful for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Dean Birtles
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stay here at Mission Viejo all the time and quite frequently. We love this place. The staff is so accomodating and we have come to know Jeff at the front desk now and he has always been so courteous, professional and meets all our requests and needs. When my Mom passed away I had all my out of state family stay there and they helped me out tremendously during such a hardship and difficult time. I use them for all my needs and over night events. All of the staff are welcoming and make you feel special and not like just another assembly line of people coming in. I highly recommend this hotel. What you get for the money is very competitive. Full Breakfast and full dinner Mon-Fri. I believe plus Happy hour of beer and wine. You cannot beat it. Candy Feliz

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when we are in the area. The staff is so helpful and courteous. The rooms are clean. The hotel is decorated nicely, as well. I would recommend the Ayres Hotels to my family and friends. We have been staying at this hotel for approximately seven years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The lobby is nice and love their breakfasts if you can ever wake up early enough for it. The rooms are good. The noise from the hallways echos into the rooms and you can hear the slamming of all the doors as people wake up and including service doors. You can keep the air on but it keeps turning off and on abruptly making it irritating when sleeping. Free Wi-Fi. Coffee and Juice available through out the day. Good for business but not catered well for those on vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We love the Ayres Suites Mission Viejo and have stayed there several times. The rooms are lovely with a mini-kitchen and plenty of room. They have the best breakfast every morning, During weekday evenings, they have a reception with free drinks and a light dinner, which is great if you are busy or working at the hotel and don't want to go out to eat. Staff is always wonderful. And don't forget the gorgeous sunset views every night.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the 1st floor have a sliding patio door and a tiny patio with table & chairs - nic...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for a quick weekend get-away. Very peaceful experience. Excellent Customer Service ! Jeff at the front desk fantastic. Enjoyed the Breakfast. I would recomend the Ayres Hotels to all of my friends and Family. Great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ayres Suites Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!