“Yes, Amber rocks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Milpitas
Portland, Oregon
“Yes, Amber rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Having taken a 6AM flight, I arrived WAY to early for normal check-in hoping to catch a quick nap and shower after the dismal flight. Amber found an available room, and did her best to get me the lowest rate. The previous guests must have trashed the bathroom sink somehow, but Amber came to the rescue again and had it fixed before I returned at night. The rooms are not luxurious but nice. What sets this hotel apart are the reasonable prices and a cheerfully helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you stay here and are looking for a great place to eat, walk a couple of blocks to Georgio's...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your outstanding review of our hotel and for recognizing the hard work and efforts of our staff memeber, Amber. We know that many of our guests are constant travelers, like yourself, and strive to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere, complete with friendly service and comfortable surroundings. It sounds like we were able to provide this for you, especially after we fixed your room's sink!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
san jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My stay was great all because of Amber friendly greeting and helpful too. She did not make us feel uncomfortable when we asked her questions about how much would it cost to take the bus. My family and I are from NYC and we just wanted to experience taking the bus in CA.

Room Tip: choose the front window room because it's more sunny
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel, and about our Guest Service Representative, Amber. It's always satisfying to read positive comments from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. Im glad you were able to experience the great things we have to offer here on the west coast including our wonderful hotel and California's public transportion system.

Milpitas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I travel for work. I'm in hotels for about ten months out of the year, for the last seven years. So when it comes to hotels, I know what I'm talking about.

I mainly stay with extended stay hotels due to my need for long term accommodations. While this particular hotel has its typical strengths and weeknesses, limited up front parking, no security cameras, coffee bar, but what this hotel has that no other hotel has is awesome customer service.

I checked in with Amber. I mentioned I was here building a couple of paint store projects. She never fails to ask how my day is and particularly how my projects are going. Its nice that she actually asks how my day is with interest, rather than generic corporate employee requirements, smile and greet the customer.
She knows I start work before the breakfast bar is set up, so she always puts aside one of my favorite muffins for me when I come back for breakfast!
I have never had such good customer service in a hotel before. It truly is a place that I can call home for the time being.

Thank you Amber!!!

Dan

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It is so rewarding to hear that you had such a great experience during your stay at our hotel. The staff and I are so glad that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience, one that left you wanting to visit with us again in the future. We thank you for recognizing our hard work and I will be sure to pass along your glowing review of Amber.

It would be our pleasure to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area or at any one of our other brand locations. Thank you again for your kind words.
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Upon check in Amber gave us excellent customer service. She is so personal and professional with customers every time we are around her. We wish her the best and to keep up the good work! We will be staying here for a few more months and we are happy that Amber and other staffs are here to make our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Connie - The feedback you provided truly warms our hearts. Thank you for writing such a glowing review about your stay so far at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide our guests with a friendly, clean and comfortable atmosphere; one that feels like a "home away from home" regardless of the number of nights they are staying with us. We are so glad to hear we were able to create this for you and I will be sure to show Amber your compliments.

We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay in and look forward to continue to offer you top notch service throughout your stay.
Princeville, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for a month and can not believe the other reviews. It was the worst. Dirty, noisy and a staff that simply did not care at all. Repairs were only done after several complaints and false fire alarm evacuated the motel every few nights.

Room Tip: Choose the Embassy Suites next door...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review about your stay at our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. I apologize that we did not meet these standards with you.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms and property, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. In regards to not getting your repairs done, I have addressed them with the management team with the goal of having procedures put in place, which will ensure issues are being handled in a more immediate fashion. Based on your experiences, it is clear that we need to put time and effort into perfecting these processes.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I arrived in June of this year the place is pretty nice but not for the 150$ per night I could of stayed somewhere more upscale .amber who checked me in was so very nice if she was runnin the show things would be better in that place but i will return just because of amber .she took great care of me and my family and made sure we were accommodated !! Amber rocks

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas and the great comments about Amber. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at many Extended Stay Hotels. One thing I can say is I have never met any front desk staff like Amber. She really went the extra mile in making my stay enjoyable and convienent. When I first checked in I was tired and hungry from a long flight. She told me about some good Places to eat in the area and that there was a grocery store within walking distance. She even sent a fax for me and saved me a trip. She really cares about the guest staying at the hotel she calls guests by their name, and i noticed every guest that walks by she always asks, "how are they are doing, and to have a good day. Most front desk staff don't say anything unless you ask them for something. So thanks Extended Stay Milpitas for making this stay a memorable one.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas? Share your experiences!