“I liked this property, clean and good value” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Ranch Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Milpitas
Houston, Texas
“I liked this property, clean and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived late at this property and it wasn't a problem at check in. The staff were quick and efficient at check in. I always like staying at Hilton properties because they always seem cleaner, friendlier, and an overall better value.

The room was quiet and clean and was fully stocked with all the standard amenities. The bed had some kind of technology to adjust the softness or firmness of the bed, but I found it nonfunctional--or I just couldn't distinguish the difference in "comfort levels".

I think the only disadvantage to this property is how to access it from the freeway. We could see the sign, but finding the entrance was tricky.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for another fantastic stay and support for the hotel. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay here at the hotel. Spread the word, we just finished our renovation and we are exctied. Thanks again and I hope to see you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

There is lots of building work going on which means lots of dust and lots of noise, even quite late into the evening. There are also builders walking all over the hotel.

None of that however forgives the charges that later appear on your credit card but don't appear on your checkout bill. Not good if you have to expense these.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. We understand that you have many choices and we appreciate your business. This renovation has been pretty tough on our guests and our team but we are doing are best to get this done quick and correctly. I noticed your comment regarding your billing. Has that been resolved. Give us a call at the property and we will make sure that is taken care for you.
Thanks again for your comments and concerns which we take seriously. I hope to see you next time after our renovation.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Remodel aside, the termostate in the room did work, there was brown matter smeared on the wall. Breakfast was not ready on time, and no one once offered to take an order. The execise facility is too small, has broken equipment and there was a long wait for equipment each day. It is also located near a waste processing facility so the is a terrible odor outside when the wind is blowing the wrong direction.

Room Tip: Terrible oder near waste processing facility. Also google maps has the location wrong.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. I understand you have many choices and we appreciate your business. I want to apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused during your stay. Thank you for your feedback with your experience. All of your issues and concerns have been directed to the appropriate department and ensure that all items will be addressed. Your comments and feedback is important to us and will help us improve to ensure that it will not happen again. The next time you are in town feel free in contacing the hotel and we will make sure this wil not happen again.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Londonderry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Although the hotel is currently under renovation, the hotel staff did their best to make me feel comfortable. They greeted me every morning when I left and every evening when I returned with a smile and a joke. The rooms were clean and I had a great breakfast every morning. I'm looking forward to staying there again and can't wait to see the place once the final renovations are complete.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow...another great comment for the team. Thank you again for your support and patience with our renovation. We are looking forward with the completion and we hope to see your next time.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I reserve hotels through a company travel site. It did not let me know that the hotel is unThe room was big and comfortable.der renovation. Breakfast is very good. Hope to have more strawberry. Autocheck out is heckout is fast. There are restaurants nearby and hence eating out is convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Great support for Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas!!!! I know it was a tough lost for the Forty Niners, but they have the backing of their city and that is how I feel with your comments. Renovations are not fun and can be tough, so thank you for your kind words and I promise when we complete our renovation, we are going to look great. Look forward seeing you in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I reserve hotels through a company travel site. It did not let me know that the hotel is under renovation through March. When I got to the checkin desk, the jackhammers were so loud, I could not hear them, and they could not hear me. The staff was great and tried to find another hotel for me to book, but at last minute, other options were either booked, or absurdly expensive. So I stayed. It turned out to be a non-issue for me. They gave me a room that was on the far side of the buiding and i never heard the construction again. But it did change the old made to order breakfast, to a limited item buffet in the conf room on the first floor.
The hotel is getting pretty tired, so it is time for a refresh. But you might consider other options if you are traveling between now and the end of March 2013.

Oh, and one other thing... When will hotels realize that not everyone wants a feature pillow? There were 4 pillows in the room, and they were all, in my opinion, wortless. Almost all hotels have these feather pillows, and I know that not everyone likes feather pillows. I need a rather firm pillow. Why cant they provide 2 feather pillows, and 2 firm latex or poly pillows? (but this is a generic issue with almost all hotels, and all Hilton hotels)

Room Tip: I was in 314 and the king air bed has issues. I own this bed at home, and know it was not right. N...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. I understand you have many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. Renovation has been very difficult for our guests but also our team. You were here on the first week where we were all learning to see how things went and it was tough. Currenlty we are on our 4th week and things are organized and we feel confident of what is going on daily. We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused. Thank you for your feedback and concerns. It has been addressed and we know we will improve.
I hope to see you next time after our renovation!!!!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been to this hotel before and it was ok. When I booked they said, they are renovating and I still went ahead with the booking. When I landed, there was a nasty smell in the whole area which was bothersome and then some. To make the long story short, I stayed overnight , but left the very next morning, the smell of the area is really nasty and the hotel is average. May be worth it after the renovation is over and the smell is over.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for staying at the HIlton Garden Inn in Milptas San Jose. We understand you have tons of choices in the area and we appreciate your business. The smell has its moments, within the ten mile radius we do have a recycling center and landfill. It does bring an odor in the area that we have no control over. Thanks for being patient and overall I am happy to hear the service and accommodations were excellent for you. We hope to see you next time.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas? Share your experiences!