“Great Deal! Big Spacious Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff, Great Location, Excellent Price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Heritage Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beverly Heritage Hotel to your Saves list
The Beverly Heritage Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1820 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035   |
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Milpitas
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Being a business traveler, I have stayed at many of the san jose area hotels and i must rank The Beverly Heritage Hotel at the very top of my list of "Best Bang For the Buck" hotels around. Not only is there HUGE spacious rooms with a very comfortable bed, but the staff here is EXCELLENT! I had the opportunity to briefly talk to Neil (manager of the hotel) and he handled my issue with absolute style and class and Neil was able to accommodate me and my situation above and beyond my expectation.

In Short, If you are traveling to the San Jose / Milpitas area and The Beverly Heritage Hotel is on your short list of places to possibly stay..... Look no further, for this is the place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
We are absolutely flattered to be considered so highly by one of our guests. It was a pleasure welcoming you to The Beverly Heritage Hotel and we will pass along your kind words to our staff. Thank you for your generous praise of our hotel and staff and for sharing the details of your visit. As always, we look forward to your return and hope that it’s very soon.

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms were clean and in order. Nothing short of excellent. It was made clear to me that the personnel took pride in what they did and what they represented as an establishment, as a team, from the housekeepers, to the front desk, and the management. I consider it a great pleasure to have stayed here and would visit again. This hotel's initiative and actions were in keeping with the highest regards for hospitality and professionalism and has my highest recommendations to my friends, family and potential guests to stay.

• Stayed January 2012
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Your review has truly made us smile and we are thankful to have had the privilege to welcome you as a guest at The Beverly Heritage Hotel. We’re thrilled to learn that our commitment to excellence and customer service was evident throughout your stay and appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for your kind words and please let us know if there is anything you need to make your stay even more exceptional on your return visit.
Newburgh, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

Had a quick one night stay here and overall it was nothing special but clean, comfortable and was a good value for the money. Breakfast included was a nice addition as well as free wireless internet.

• Stayed February 2012
It sounds like your short stay at The Beverly Heritage Hotel was enjoyable and we thank you for taking the time to let us know. We hope to be able to welcome you back again, hopefully for a longer stay in the future.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

This hotel seems to be very well run. Elevators, hallways, etc. could use some renovations for a 3.5 star hotel, but overall I like how attentive the staff is and the in-room amenities are up to par with a 4 star.

The location is convenient, but there is nothing around within walking distance so you'll need a car unless you want to eat at their restaurant (which is also very good).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Our goal is to provide a positive and restful stay for each and every one of our guests at The Beverly Heritage Hotel and it seems your stay met those criteria perfectly. For future reference, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service to areas within 5 miles of our hotel, upon request, but we’re thrilled to see that you enjoyed Brandon’s Restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My room was spacious but needed refurbishing and lacked some amenities. The only thing that was really bad though was the laundry service -- by far the worst I've ever experienced. However, the surprisingly good food, and incredibly thoughtful and courteous staff helped offset most of the negatives. I'll probably try a different hotel next time I'm in the area though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
We truly value feedback from our guests, as we believe that all comments, positive or otherwise, give us the opportunity to improve the experience for our guests. It is regrettable that your visit did not meet your expectations but we are glad to see that our personable service and cuisine made a difference. It would be our hope that you will consider returning to our hotel as we would welcome the opportunity to fully impress you.
Salem, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We came here after our Disneyland trip and picked BHH for the convenient location to San Fran, Santa Cruz and California's great America. We had made our reservation 3 months in advance and had pre-payed. We checked in at around 9 o-clock and I was very disappointed at how I was treated by the guy checking us in. The first guy was on the phone when I came in and he held up his index finger to me and that was that. I waited patiently for him to get off the phone but before he was finished another guy cam out and started helping me. I felt like I was inconveniencing him and he acted like he had more important things to do. He gave me the usual info and let me know that pool area would be closed on the day of our checkout. I asked him if they were pretty booked for the weekend and he replied "not really" and walked away. When I went up to the room I was extremely disappointed in the location of the room, it was at the very end of the hall next to the maids closet and the bedroom window faced the noisy freeway. Having asked it they were pretty full that weekend I was a little shocked that they stuck us in this corner ( I did notice that the check in sheet said TWO CHILDREN in CAPS, maybe they thought my kids would disturb someone else?) I was too tired from all the driving/sightseeing of the day to ask for another room and just decided to make the best of it. We loved the furniture, bedding, soaps, linens and pretty much everything about the room even down to the coffee creamers. The only complaint about the room itself would be the loud ventilation system and the freeway noise from the window. The pool area was awesome and we enjoyed many swims. We did have to call for towels all three times and the jets in the jacuzzi did not all work. Upon checkout the rate that was in my confirmation letter was different then the rate that was on my bill by more then $200+ it took the lady at the desk more then 15 minutes to figure out how to get me the confirmed amount with the proper taxes and everything and not an extra charge on my credit card. Usually when I prepay it takes no time to check out and I was really glad that I came prepared with my original pre-payed confirmation letter. So take away check in/out and the noise it was a great stay and I would stay there again as long as we are promised a room away from the noise!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We certainly appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, and we’re glad to see you and your family enjoyed your accommodations. However, it seems there are few issues that we would like to speak to. Due to a private party planned for our pool area, the possible extra noise was taken into consideration and most reservations were placed away from that area. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your family vacation and we always like to include special notations for our smaller guests so that we may make their stay comfortable as well. Computers can be fussy at times and because of a glitch regarding a special promotion we were running, your check-out procedure did not go as planned, and for that we apologize. Our commitment to customer service will be further stressed with our staff in order to create the pleasurable experience we wish for all of our guests. Thank you for your review and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the very near future.
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I'm a pretty easy-going traveler, and have some reasonable expectations of hotels. The Beverly Heritage is not the fanciest place, nor the most expensive in the area, so I didn't have huge expectations...but they still managed to disappoint me. I frankly don't understand why this is one of the preferred hotels for my company.

Let's start with the good - bed is very comfortable, room reasonable sized for 1 or 2 people (king bed room has an L-desk, chair and ottoman). Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet at adjacent restaurant is average, but does include a made to order omlette bar that most hotels don't have, so a positive for sure.

But the bad...my 3rd floor room was indifferently maintained. There were multiple large stains on the carpet, the wallpaper had stains, rips, and peeling corners everywhere. The sink had been cracked and repaired with globs of caulk. The TV remote did not work, and although it had the "travelodge" option to check out via phone, nobody in my party was able to do so - we all had to go to the front desk. When I rinsed the in-room coffee pot before filling with water, large coffee drips from the previous guest fell into the sink - obviously housekeeping doesn't clean it. Ick. And although there were 2 room service menus in the room, there was NO information on the hotel services or layout. The pool was easy to see and find - but would you look for a business center on the second floor down a hall of rooms? I wouldn't either.

Ultimately, I got decent rest during my trip, but was a bit grossed out by my room...and don't plan to be back. Plenty of other hotels in the San Jose area with similar pricing and better accomodations.

Room Tip: If you stay, get a 3rd floor room. I noticed several families, and heard running kids in the hall m...