“This place "ROCKS" and we will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

The Beverly Heritage Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1820 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035   |
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Milpitas
Camarillo
“This place "ROCKS" and we will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Our company has had many demanding travel requirements to Northern California recently. The front desk manager, Phuong Thang from the Beverly Heritage Hotel in Milpitas provided exceptional support to my team during their last minute reservation demands, AND during their stays. The hotel is beautiful and every stay there was comfortable which is essential for my team to be effective during their exhausting work days. The hotel amenities include a chic place to eat, a place to enjoy a cocktail, and some relaxation in their pool which makes long work days worth the return to a temporary home. Referrals and reservations to Enterprise Rental Car was extremely easy and helpful. The hotel and rental car staff was fantastic with ensuring my team had directions to their destinations every day. Thank you for taking care of my team! Rocket Fizz has successfully opened a shop in Campbell with the support of beautiful rest and hospitality provided every day by the staff at the Beverly Heritage Hotel! WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Congratulations on your success! How wonderful to learn that you considered the Beverly Heritage your temporary home. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your team wherever and whenever we could. Thank you for the great review and the kind words regarding our staff. Please let us know if there is anything you need on your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Priceline and Hotwire can be hit or miss with their secret hotel deals, and this one was one of the misses for me.

Checked later than expected due to the lines for the rental car at the airport. There was only one lady at check-in, and she was friendly enough, but unfortunately took forever to accommodate the two customers ahead of me. All said and done, it literally took over 20 minutes to check in 3 people. Then I go up to my room and find out it is a handicapped accessible room, meaning no door on the shower, it just opened up to the floor with a curtain (i.e. door room style). I called to request a new room, but was told it was the last room available, and I would have to check back the next day to try and change rooms. I knew I had come in late, but the customer before me got his room changed, so I didn't buy her excuse, but by this point I was too tired to complain and just wanted some sleep.

I was able to get the room changed the next day, but not before the bathroom floor flooded after taking a shower. Literally half the bathroom floor was flooded, the shower curtains being worthless at holding back water whatsoever.

The rooms were nice enough, minus the shower, and relatively comfortable. However, the AC was loud, and the climate control didn't seem to work very well, as it was on full blast no matter how hot or cold the room got. The walls were also very thin, and I could hear the room next to me talking loudly late into the night before I finally fell asleep.

We ordered room service breakfast, which was decent. There's also a restaurant on site, which we didn't try.

Overall, I was disappointed with the 3 nights I spent here. I wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, which will help us continually improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We are disappointed to learn that your stay was not more enjoyable. Our maintenance engineers will check the room’s air conditioner and we apologize for any noise disturbances you encountered from the other guests in the hotel. We regret that we did not have the opportunity to address these issues during your stay, but are grateful that you’ve brought these points to our attention.
San francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I needed a place to stay the night before an early morning flight and booked this on a priceline bid so I did not now which hotel I was getting. I would say it is more of a 3 star. Rooms were comfortable, location for business and getting to the airport is good. Did not try the restaurant. Rated 3.5 starts - I think it closer to 3 stars than 4. I think I got the room for $50 on Priceline, probably could have gotten for less. I noticed the hotel has a Stay, Park and Fly package on the website - one night, park for free for a week, breakfast for 2 and shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
It sounds like you received a great deal. We appreciate that you mentioned our Stay, Park and Fly Package where we also offer free High-Speed Internet Access. We hope you get an opportunity to take advantage of the package and enjoy, once again, the convenience of the Beverly Heritage Hotel to the San Jose Airport. Thanks for your review.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Generally nice hotel room but I could overhear snoring and conversations from neighbors. If they're up 'til 1AM, you're up 'til 1AM. If they're discussing tomorrow's medical procedure, you'll get to know all the details. The doors between adjoining rooms are very thin wood with no sound insulation. Also, motion-detecting light/fan switches turn themselves on in the middle of the night - very nice way to awaken at 3 AM. I hope to never get Pricelined here again. 5 nights, several different neighbors, all could be easily heard. This was a business trip so II was just tired most mornings; glad I wasn't there for a romantic evening...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
We are truly sorry that you experienced such noise disruption from other guests during your business trip. Please know that we encourage our guests to let us know if they have any issues during their stay so we can address them immediately as we hope to create a positive and restful stay for everyone. We have notified our maintenance engineers to look into the sensor lights so they aren’t so sensitive to movement, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I like to make analogies of different things to automobiles, because we all have experience in one fashion or another with them. If I were to compare the Beverly Heritage to an automobile, I'd say it was a Buick: consistent, reliable and comfortable; it does what I need it to do and without problems, so over all it is very good. Just like a Buick is not a luxury automobile, but a near-luxury automobile, I would say the same about the Beverly Heritage. I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always found it reliable. The hotel is an older complex, and when we first started staying here about 4 years ago, it was a bit run down. But it seems as if the management has been taking pains to upgrade the physical plant. The decoration is agreeable and the beds--even the sofa sleeper--are very comfortable. There is a restaurant on the property, too. Some of the hotel deals include breakfast, but not all. I have found the best place to make reservations is online on the hotel's website, www.beverlyheritage.com. If you scroll down the list of prices, you'll find some very good prices, though I originally found the hotel on Hotwire at an excellent price, although Hotwire is a gamble because it doesn't normally let you see what hotel you are getting before you pay.

Here are the positives:
1) They have two types of rooms: a) large standard rooms, with either one king size bed or 2 queens, which is very good, considering how many hotels cheap out by putting 2 standard (also called full) beds in their hotels, which are narrower and less comfortable for two. b) they also have two-room suites with a king-size bed in the bedroom portion. The living room area has a sofa, but not all suites have a sofa-sleeper. Make sure your room has one if you need it.
2) the bathrooms are decently sized. Towels are good and so are the toiletries supplied.
3) the location for traveling around the Bay Area is excellent, though the local area is in an industrial-commercial park area and there really is not much in the way of restaurants or places to go in the immediate area. There is a shopping plaza with a Safeway and restaurants about 2.6 miles west of the hotel on Montague. The hotel is right next to the 880 freeway and a freeway entrance-exit is right nearby. The 880 takes you north to Oakland and Napa Valley (and to San Francisco if you want to take the Bay Bridge into San Francisco for a stunning view of the city--you can also stop at Treasure Island to take photos of The City). 880 to the south takes you to San Jose, the 101 to San Francisco and the Peninsula cities, the 280 to San Francisco and the Peninsula cities and eventually turns into the highway that takes you to Santa Cruz and the coast highway. Beautiful areas! It is very close to the San Jose Airport and about 30+ miles from either the San Francisco or Oakland Airports.
4) the desk staff in the past has been hit or miss, some being quite friendly and accommodating, others being surly. But it seems they have worked on this, too. The staff on this trip was excellent: friendly, accommodating and quite helpful.
5) Free wireless and wired internet! Now why can't hotels that charge far more not provide this service? I like the San Jose Sheraton, right around the corner from the Beverly Heritage, too. But I have been choosing the Beverly Heritage largely for this fact. This hotel is just as comfortable as the Sheraton, but I need my internet and don't want to pay for connectivity.
6) Free parking! However, the parking spaces are somewhat narrow.

Negatives:
1) this is a complaint I have with many hotels, not just the Beverly Heritage, but the next time any hotel upgrades rooms: PUT IN EXTENDED-SIZED TOILET BOWLS! So many hotels don't really have toilet bowls, but toilet cups! They are so small, they are hard for a man of any normal size or larger to use!
2) Parking spaces really need to be widened. They are two narrow. If everyone drove Smart Cars or Ford Fiestas, they'd be fine. Widen the parking spaces.

I will continue to use the Beverly Heritage. It's not a W Hotel or a Renaissance, but it has come to be as good as any good Hilton or Sheraton. And that is pretty darn good indeed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Wow – we’ve never been compared to an automobile before but truly enjoyed your analogy. It was colorful and an interesting view point, thank you for sharing your creative writing! It’s a great compliment when our guests notice the details and share the feedback with others. We appreciate that you noticed we have been working hard to make sure the Beverly Heritage Hotel stays up-to-date and accommodating of our guests needs. Feedback like this truly helps, so thank you! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and delightful analogy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

One thing I always look for is consistency at the hotels I stay at. I ravel quite a bit and stay at many different hotels. I find that the Beverly Heritage always meets my needs. I can hold meetings, get catering to hotel events, use their business center without ever worrying if the service or result will be bad. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and well laid out. I would highly recommend this hotel to the business traveler or the vacationer.

Room Tip: Book early if you are staying mid-week.
Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
NRuditsky, General Manager at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
At the Beverly Heritage Hotel we love the hospitality industry and we are so glad to know you experienced our passion first hand. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Consistency is a goal that we constantly strive for each and every day for all of our guests. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your meetings, quality of food and beverage from our catering and food and beverage teams, and had positive experiences with our business centers. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Neil Ruditsky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Beverly Heritage for my birthday. It was a great place close to a few places I wanted to check out. From check in to happy hour at Brandon's, the service was fabulous! Victoria and Gloria provided excellent service. I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2010
Everyone at the Beverly Heritage Hotel wishes you a happy and healthy birthday. We wish you a year of fun and prosperity. Thank you for celebrating your special event with us. We were delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations from the initial moments of arrival. We are proud to have some of the best industry professionals employed; and we are excited to know that you experienced and recognized our associates. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable opinion and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Happy Birthday,
Neil Ruditsky

Been to The Beverly Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!