“OFF PEAK BUSINESS HOTELS ARE BEST” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Milpitas
Los Angeles
“OFF PEAK BUSINESS HOTELS ARE BEST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

During the prime of the summer weekend crush (Friday and Saturday) all hotels in the jazzy destinations of San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma and points north were asking 2 1/2-3 times rack rates. Solution was to find a well located business hotel which would have low occupancy. The Sheraton is just such a property. Very nice rooms, helpful staff and, because it is located in business park, there are some very quiet walking trails close by.

Room Tip: Property faces freeway so back of house is quietest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of the property! It's amazing what you find when you shop around, like our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed you stay here and discovered that we are conveniently located -- not too far from the cities up north and very close to downtown San Jose.
The hotel has many other feautres including a 24-hour fitness room and a heated outdoor pool; so I hope that you were able to experience these, in addition to the Bistro restaurant.
I appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm a platinum member with IHG and Marriott. This year I have just started to stay at SPG properties and made platinum in 2 months because I regularly stay at hotels globally 200+ nights a year. If anything, I know hotels well. This leisure trip my wife and I booked at our own expense, we decided to stay one week at San Jose Sheraton in Milpitas, California. We now regret this decision. We are disappointed for the following reasons:

1. Lounge is small and breakfast every morning is the same oatmeal, boiled eggs, croissants, etc.

2. Slippers are $8 if you ask for them. This is a first for me anywhere I’ve stayed.

3. Prior to the long Labor Day weekend, they decided to shut down lounge breakfast service and gave us vouchers to the Bistro to have breakfast there. The first morning at the Bistro, we had full breakfast and it was all good. The second morning, restaurant manager Qasim came over to our table at the tail end of our breakfast and told us we'd have to pay 8 dollars each for eggs we had because our vouchers were only good for continental breakfast. We were first of all appalled by Qasim's condescending attitude and rudeness. We then realized it did not make any logical sense. First of all, no one told us about this "rule" when we were given the vouchers; second, in the lounge when we had had breakfast a few mornings earlier, we had continental breakfast which included boiled eggs; third, the previous morning, we handed our voucher to the server at the Bistro and had full breakfast with eggs without any issue.

4. Hotel manager on duty by the name of Luke came over and talked to me and my wife extensively and understood the situation. Luke was nice and apologized repeatedly for what transpired and gave us 1,000 SPG points as a nice gesture, but after conferring with his boss, Luke called to say "rules" are "rules", and we could only have "continental breakfast" the next morning without any eggs. We just felt it is extremely not wise on the hotel's management to allow this to happen. Perhaps here in Silicon Valley everything is more expensive and that every penny counts. Perhaps here in Silicon Valley, it is a bustling environment and hotel management is not worried about repeat business or business in general at all. But that is still no excuse for this type of treatment to any customer, let alone a supposedly “valued” customer like a platinum member.

I will never stay at this hotel ever again. In fact, I likely will go back to the two other hotel groups going forward with both my leisure and business stays. SPG can kiss my 200+ nights a year business good bye. At other hotel groups, nothing remotely close to this ever happened.

A bit of advice to SPG: I believe you should standardize your service across the globe and not let certain hotels and their management ruin your image and reputation. Company cultures begin at the top. I believe rude attitude and condescending manners Qasim displayed might have reflected culture here at San Jose Sheraton. Whoever high up at SPG, you should definitely take notice!

Last but not least, and to be fair, when we first booked, the rate was at $239 a night, after I checked in, I discovered on SPG web site that rates have come down to $159 a night. I called hotel GM and he was nice enough to have latter portion of our stay re-rated. This I appreciate especially when we travel on leisure out of our own pocket.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GASQUET
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the staff were awesome. The pool is the best I've ever experienced when they say heated it's for real which made swimming at night a pleasure. On the down side if you want a microwave or internet connection (WiFi free) it will cost you extra. Overall very comfy for a family of four.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly we got an unadvertised price for a suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The heated pool is truly a great feature of the hotel; it's an unexpected treat for many who are not familiar with the area because we are located in a business park. And we have the largest outdoor pool, in a nicely landscaped courtyard. Because you enjoyed your stay, I hope that you will find time to visit again!
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had requested via SPG Platinum Concierge to book us connecting rooms here. When I called the hotel to let them know that we were coming in late and to make sure that the rooms would still be available, I was told that our rooms were next to each other, but not connecting. I was quite upset, considering that the second room was for our 5 year old son. Kimberly, who took my call, quickly went to action to make sure that our family were in connecting rooms. She was able to remedy PC's mistake and she did it with such grace despite my agitated demeanor. I called PC to let them know their screwup, but to also let them know that Kimberly took care of us and basically did their job. Besides Kimberly, all the staff that we had met were all wonderful and I appreciated their customer service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to know that Kimberly was able to accomodate your needs and make your stay less stressful. Thank you for the recognition that you have given Kimberly through your review of your recent stay. She is a wonderful part of the team!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the San Jose Sheraton. We look forward to your next visit!
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel on 4 different occasions and each time has been wonderful. The staff takes great care of you and is extra friendly. The pool is great and with the warm weather in Milpitas the pool is very desirable. A handful of rooms that are luxury suites look out over the pool and have parking closer to your room. The food at the restaurant on site is reasonably priced and good, if you want something fancy there's a restaurant across the street that should satisfy your pallet. I highly recommend this hotel. Enjoy :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am happy to hear that your stays have been consistently wonderful! Our team truly enjoys taking care of our guests to insure great experiences here.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests, we appreciate the recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel, but I stayed here every week for almost a year & have to say that the staff are really friendly and will go out of their way to help their repeat guests. The rooms are nothing special, they are pretty basic, but they do the job. There is a pool which looks nice but I never used it so can't really comment. I would definitely not recommend eating at the restaurant, however. The food is not that good and I'd suggest going to one of the surrounding restaurants instead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide the great feedback about our hotel rooms, amenities and the staff with us and our future guests. I agree with you in saying that our cabana rooms are better than just basic because of the space and the comfortable beds. Although it is difficult to haul a lot of luggage up the stairs, assistance can be provided. As you had mentioned, our extremely friendly team is always willing to help and to make sure that you are comfortable.
I hope that you will visit again! Thank you!
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed here before, but I just feel like I need to thank the hotel and especially the young lady at check in, I believe her name was Tammy, for being so accommodating. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy. We had made a mistake in room choice and she dealt with the situation, cant say enough about her and her customer service. Thank you.

Room Tip: THey have a few different room choices, pick what suits you. Not all rooms have a balcony so if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for telling us about your great experience with Tammy! It feels good to know that she truly represents the hotel well and we are very proud to have her on our team. We hope that you will stay here again and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!