“Remarkable turn-around. The Park Inn deserves your consideration.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Milpitas Inn

Save Saved
You added Milpitas Inn to your Saves list
Milpitas Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   66 South Main Street, Milpitas, CA 95035 (Formerly Park Inn Milpitas)   |
Ranked #16 of 19 hotels in Milpitas
Sacramento
“Remarkable turn-around. The Park Inn deserves your consideration.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

Booked through Priceline. Because of budget, I bid on a one-star. Became very concerned when I read the reviews below. Imagine my pleasant surprise when every negative comment turned out not to be the case. Check-in was fast, cheerful and professional. I asked for a north facing room and the clerk was more than happy to accommodate. The room was nothing like my preconceptions. Bedding and linens were fairly new and of good weight and quality. There were four pillows, neatly arranged across the headboard. The bed was very comfortable. The room had no odors and everything was clean and working. It was decorated more like a 2 or 2 1/2 star place. The complaints about noise never materialized and I had a very restful night. I like the fact it's off any main thoroughfare though the restaurant choices are limited to a KFC across the street. There's a microwave and fridge for those staying longer.

I met the new GM the next morning. She's really worked hard to turn the property around a I have the greatest respect for her and her staff. Please reward her efforts with your business.

Priceline needs to upgrade this property to at least two stars. I would have paid $20 more and still felt I got a good value considering the area and location.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Santa Clara, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I stayed here for two nights through priceline. I was quite worried after reading the reviews of this hotel. Some of the points made were very true, but some things were better than expected:

Negatives: The rooms are OLD! Dark and dirty looking things. This place screams "RENNOVATION PROJECT!" My room was smelly, also, but being that the weather was nice, I focused on airing it out with the windows/door open until dark. This helped.

Noise: My second night someone set off their car alam almost exactly at midnight. A mistake? Hmmmm.

Positives: The appliances in my room were a joke. The fridge was completely broken. I made a very calm mention of this to management and within 30 minutes a working replacement fridge was delivered to me from another unit (I feel sorry for the person who eventually rents that unit). Bottom line? I was clearly left with the impression that management is doing the best they can with a very run down hotel that needs money put into it.

Sheets on the bed appeared clean and freshly laundered. That is worth a lot.

Free wifi worked, and well. Many food choices nearby.

In the end, it was a bearable stay, and I got a reasonable price. I would not choose to return here, however.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

The hotel is a dump.

Upon checking in, the lobby was filled with smoke. Upon entering the room I saw:

soiled carpets
cuoboard doors off hinges
chips in wood / doors
air conditioner missing pieces
garbage outside of room
sheets were being changed on rollaway bed (who know how long they were soiled) while I waited
couch was very old and soiled
dark dingy hall outside

The place seemed just like a rooming house.

I immediately went back to the front office and checked out. Unfortunately, I was on a Priceline reservation so I lost my $170 that I paid for a 3 day stay. Priceline was no help since the hotel would not refund me

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Honolulu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

This place was very inexpensive and we found out why! I called the day before our arrival to confirm our reservations and was told by the hotel manager that someone had already checked into the room on a previous date with my same name! I ended up on the phone for several hours with Priceline and the hotel trying to straighten out things. This hotel is located in a remote section of Milpitas and not very easy to find. The facility is well beyond its years and needs renovating badly. The room furniture was also very old and worn as were the bedding covers and carpeting. For the price we paid, I know we could have found a better place. Do yourself a favor and keep looking the other way!

• Liked — Leaving the place
  • Disliked — The unprofessional staff and manager
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2003

Unprofessional staff (very low class), worn out rooms, noise, what more "comfort" could a person want?

Been to Milpitas Inn? Share your experiences!