“Great specials” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse - Milpitas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 274 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Great for steak and so much more… Black Angus Steakhouse has built its reputation on providing a Genuine American Steakhouse experience to remember. Our Chefs are proud to serve only Black Angus steaks that are carefully aged, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our other specialties include a variety of succulent seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib. Whatever you’re craving, we pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It’s more than a tradition - it's our passion every day. Black Angus offers a full array of menu items that are naturally gluten free. Ask for their Gluten Free Trail Map.
fremont, ca
“Great specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have been several times. The prime rib specials for two work well for us. The steaks are also prepaired just the way you like. This particular Black Angus seems to be better than others...service, food.

Visited April 2012

Downey, California
“Enjoyable Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I came to this restaurant once before, while looking for another resturant. I sat at the bar and the bartenders were good at making you feel welcome. I ended up in conversation with another patron and both bartenders. very enjoyable time. I enjoyed the food also. I had the ribeye steak which I always prefer. Again the bartenders made me feel welcome and I noticed they engaged conversation with all who sat at the bar.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pretoria, South Africa
“Ribs are amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Nothing special about the restaurant really except the ribs are amazing and also liked the calorie count next to each meal on menu. Overall an enjoyable experience.

North Carolina
“Somebody screwed up (twice)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We arrived at 6:30PM on a Wednesday evening and were seated immediately. We were greeted by our server and our drink orders were taken promptly. Appetizer arrived very quickly but it was not what we ordered. We ordered the mushrooms and received mushrooms and fried zucchini. Our server did not check on us so we decided to eat what the kitchen brought out. About half way through the app our server brought the soup and salad and remarked we had the wrong app. She said "you obviously got someone else's and they must have gotten yours." We said we were ok with this and she apologized for the error.
By the time I finished my salad the table behind us had received their entrees. Not a bad deal for them considering they were seated 15 minutes after us. We waited another 10 minutes and I saw our server nervously look at our table to see if out entrees had arrived. She then went to the kitchen and came back out and directly to our table and said "I so sorry, I don't know what's happening tonight but the kitchen is trying to do me in. I'm going to get the Manager to come speak with you." The Manager came to our table and said "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened with your order but I have reordered your app and it should be out shortly. We had to cut some more filets so your steaks will be here soon." I replied that we didn't want another app but would appreciate him expediting the filets. The server then came to the table and said she had argued with him about what had transpired and she hoped we understood that this was not her fault. I assured her that I knew she was not at fault and the Manager had laid some BS on me about having to "cut more filets." I mean really, 45 minutes into dinner service and you run out of filets at a steakhouse? BS! Our steaks arrived no more than 5 minutes later meaning they must have been fired when the server first went to the kitchen to check on the order.
Both the server and Manager checked on us twice while we were eating the filets to make sure everything was good.
I must say other than the slow delivery of the steaks the food and service were excellent but not enough to overcome the blunders and only achieves an "Average" because of it. I didn't appreciate the lie from the Manager and thought there might have been a 'consideration' on our check when it arrived but there was not.
We also felt the parking lot needed some lighting as it was only illuminated by street lights outside the lot.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
milpitasca
“Great Value on Prime Rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had a birthday coupon for a free dinner (from their web site). We went on a Friday night and the wait and noise level made us leave. About a week later we went at the tail end of lunch and had no wait and a quiet booth. Country western music surrounds you while you dine - so you better like it!!! We both had prime rib and it was cooked to perfection and very tender. Corkage fee is $8 and we took a bottle of wine that we liked instead of paying that much per glass. Be careful when you go as is can get very crowded. Lots of meal deal coupons in the Sunday newspaper fliers and on-line.

• Visited January 2012